ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CV joints

FF 182
Hi there,

I've done some digging around on the forums and found a few different posts. My question is can you still buy CV joints and change the worn ones instead of having to buy new driveshafts? Or is it better just to by the shafts of renparts?

Thanks in advance

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Right lads rather than start a new thread about CV joints I figured I'd revive this one.

I need two high quality CV joints, they're for my turbo clio and will be fitted on my custom shafts so complete shafts are no good. I've looked everywhere and can't find anything.

@MG cup @GodSpeed @ian-speedy any of you guys have any look tracking any down? I've searched through previous threads and tried some of the part numbers without any luck :-/

Cheers

Steve

Audi A6 & 172 Cup
The part number for the CV joints I found is 303561 or 439RE0050 they are Lobro/GKN for a Mk1 Laguna. As best I can make out these are the joints the Cup Racers used, they will fit a clio hub but the shaft side has a larger hole/spline iirc so you would need to get shafts made. Ive not looked at them for ages though so can't be 100%. They were about £30-35 each.

Cup In bits
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but the Clio shafts are pretty good from what I have seen, they seem to be better than most other cars. Something Renault got right.

You see a lot of folk requesting new shafts now but a lot of these cars are up to 100-150k which is pretty good afaik.

I know I will be sticking with standard shafts although professionally lengthened and overhauled.

Also the company I will use is drivelink and was quoted circa £110 for a longer overhauled shafts and they said If I had bother they will source stronger cv's and yokes from other cars if needed. There prices are reasonable tbh.

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Cheers for that chaps, I've just checked those part numbers and I'm getting a 44 toothed Abs ring for one and the other is for a CV joint that won't work with mine.

The CV on mine has 23 splines externally and internally it has 32 splines. The one listed has 23 external and only 25 internally.

Audi A6 & 172 Cup
I knew the internal spline count was different, if you already have shafts then I'm afraid i cant be of anymore help.
I have Sadev/Cup racer shafts so the CV joint part number above is to suit them.

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
No problems mate, thanks for trying.

I've managed to get two new joints from Shaftec in Birmingham. I was honest with them and told that they would see 500bhp+ and that it would be hammered on track and at the ring and they assured me they should be fine. They've even given me a 2 year warranty with them which they said they will honour despite my power output getting on for almost three times the original.

I'll keep you updated, for reference they were £45 each.

PB Clio 172
speaking of cv joints mine keep on splitting on me! had 3 splits in the last 2 months

weakest point of my Clio for sure

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Yeah boots, retaining bands and even the small clip for locking the shaft to the CV. I've left the box at BTM so will grab the part number of it tomorrow and post it up.

Cup In bits
Perfect, I might just get drivelink to extend the shaft itself on mine then throw on these cv's in that case.