ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cv Boot gone!!

Trophy
Just found out that my O/S outer boot has gone, has this happened to anyone if so where did u go to get it fixed. I was thinking of getting a quick replacement from halfords as it cost about £12.99. Renault is £47 not including fitting.

Please help thanks

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
ask for a motrio boot at renault, cost about £7 for the grease, boot and straps

ITB'd MK1
i'd be surprised if the boot had split, it's very common for the clip to break and the boot pop off. A good quality clip is necessary though, no cable ties!!!

Laguna sport tourer
this happened to me a while back, cleaned it out re greased and fitted jubelee clip instead of metal tie

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Similar happened to my n/s. Was easily sorted with a clean up, regrease and the help of a sexy CS member aka Budgie to fit a new jubilee clip. Did a trackday and it's been fine.

Fabia vRS
i'd be surprised if the boot had split, it's very common for the clip to break and the boot pop off. A good quality clip is necessary though, no cable ties!!!

What's wrong with cable ties? I cable tied both mine a while ago cos dark black grease was leaking out of the sides of one and spaying on the insides of the wheel.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
What's wrong with cable ties? I cable tied both mine a while ago cos dark black grease was leaking out of the sides of one and spaying on the insides of the wheel.

Pull cable ties to tight they snap, jubilee clip u can tighten harder and theres more chance of it staying on.

Cable ties are for fixing bumpers and holding wires :boring:

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Vish it just looks like that cant see no split in the rubber, what grease would u use?

We used proper CV grease IIRC. Filled it up as much as poss, hold rubber in place and fitted jubilee clip. I'll have a look next time the wheel is off buy not noticed any leaking.

I don't think a cable tie will be strong enough, better to do it once properly than keep doing it all the time.