ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cv boot.. aaaaargh

C1 VTR (Company Car)
If I hear knocking from my driveshaft do I still have time to get the boot changed to fix it or do I need a new shaft? If you know what I mean.

Also can anyone tell me how much I cafn expect to pay to get a new boot fitted? It's my outer one that has a pin hole.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Mine was destroyed but luckily I caught it in time, never had any knocking etc. I will probably fit a new driveshaft at some point though just for peace of mind.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Try source a used one if your strapped for cash. I had to get one for my 172, cost me a total of 10 quid :p

Trophy Turbo :)
as Dan says, if its knocking replace the CV joint. The Boot replacement is easy i have just done one on mine yesterday for its MOT. here are a few photo of the replacement.

remove bottom ball joint, and caliper ( to save breaking the line ) make sure you remove the 30mm Hub nut before you jack the car up.

I used a stretchy boot, if you use one you always turn it inside out. plenty of lube on the cone. but not on the part your pulling :)

you will need, 18mm Socket and ratchet 30mm Hub Nut and a cone, WD40 and a new boot with grease oh and its messy!!! :)

IMG_0202.jpg

IMG_0205.jpg

IMG_0206.jpg

IMG_0207.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg

IMG_0209.jpg

IMG_0210.jpg