ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup v TT225

My girlfriends brother in law has a convertable Audi TT 225 and i said my cup would beat it, as i was going of the figures in EVO magazine

He laughed and said no chance!!!

Not had chance to race what do you guys think my chances are??

Cup and 225 coupe are very similar from experience so you should be able to edge past the convertible version as it must be heavier\slower.

Remapped derv Golf

Think the Coupe version would have the Cup but the convertible might not be as nibble.

Tell him hes a poof for buying the "girls" version ;)

Well i wont have anything to say anymore as he has just got himself an 380 bhp RS4 aswell that he picks up today so i will just want a drive of that!

Still though, cant beat a Cup value for money!

ask him to drive the RS4 fast down narrow twisting country lanes, check his speed, then repeat in your car and compare times to get from A to B under the same conditions (or ask him to follow you on the above road). You may be pleasantly surprised.

^^^ A cup would never hold an RS4, maybe only through extreme corners that you dont have chance to put down the power, but other than that it would dessimate it in a straight line of course. Still, wouldnt mind my car being ONLY as fast as a cup! ;)

I agree, in anything but a very windy/narrow road with no long straights, the cup would have no chance. Its just that braking hard on a bend in a car weighing the wrong side of 1700Kg and placing the car correctly for the next bend is VERY difficult and requires twice the skill required to do it in a car thats nearly half the weight. So unless brother-in-law is a race driver, hed probably scare himself witless and back off. I speak from personal experience having driven a heavy 375bhp car for a few years. I definitely go faster on country lanes in the cup because I wasnt good enough (or stupid enough) to throw about 1.7 tonnes of metal the way I throw the 950Kg cup around.

The same analogy holds true with an Elise or a caterham which would leave a cup for dead on the same B roads despite having much smaller bhp.

Elise/VX220/R26

well my 172 was faster than a 225 TT on a few occasions, would murder one now with decat/filter etc

Quote: Originally posted by jonny on 21 October 2004

Well i wont have anything to say anymore as he has just got himself an 380 bhp RS4 aswell that he picks up today so i will just want a drive of that!

Still though, cant beat a Cup value for money!
In a recent evo test the susuki ignis sport was more than capable of hanging onto their rs4 or s4 x country so acup wouldnt struggle but straightline speed the cup would be somewhat behind lol!

And as to the original post both cars have very similar 0-100 tmes so down to driver!

Very suprised about the comments on the RS4 i never thought of it like hope im following him one day overtake him and see if he could keep up!!!

Its just daft when i think about it £10,000 vs the £38,000 he just paid is it really worth that much more???

Use a hell of alot more fuel than a cup, probably more expensive insurance and more than likely some idiot will be trying to stick his head through the letter box for the keys!!!

in regards to Cup vs TT225 I have no idea on the straight line stuff, but after being witness to seeing a valver absolutely batter one at CNF id place my money on the Cup... as long as corners are involved....

Clio 1.4, SV650S

but you could fit four people in it comfortably and fill the boot with all your kids stuff. the build quality will be streets ahead of the cup. depends what you want from the car.

obviously bang for buck the cup is better value.

i cant afford either

BMW 330d :)

I had a quick drag against a tt225 in my cup a while back and i beat it by half a car length before i backed off. (Up to 60mph) It would only pull ahead 100mph plus. And this guy was really trying! HAHAHAHHAHA His face was a picture!