ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cup suspension

A

ahughes

Hi guys

Quick and poss daft question really, my 172 cup seems to sit slightly lower ar the rear than it does at the front on the origonal set up. Ive seen a few cups and they too seem to be like this. I have been under the car to check the springs and shocks, all appear good condition with no leaks on the shocks or snapped springs. My question is does anyone know why this is? and would the standard 172 front springs fit as they seem to sit level?

Any help would be great

Adam

The cup springs are not the same and cup's do sit lower at the back.

First ive heard or seen the cups sitting lower at the back? i know there is about 3mm difference in overall ride height compared to non cup cars.

Cup and non cup springs will fit any clio mk2 172/182/dci ....

A

ahughes

First ive heard or seen the cups sitting lower at the back? i know there is about 3mm difference in overall ride height compared to non cup cars.

Cup and non cup springs will fit any clio mk2 172/182/dci ....

So normal 172 front springs will fit?

E30 325i & 172 Cup
Here are std cup springs next to non cup springs. The rear is a lot shorter, but the front looks almost the same.
I have replaced my cup springs with eibach sportlines and the rear is the same height, but the front is now lower.

Attachments

• IMG_2116.jpg
    IMG_2116.jpg
    526.5 KB · Views: 32
Here are std cup springs next to non cup springs. The rear is a lot shorter, but the front looks almost the same.
I have replaced my cup springs with eibach sportlines and the rear is the same height, but the front is now lower.

no real weight in the back so it doesn't really lower it here's a pic of my cup on sportlines

cup11[1].jpgand when i first fitted them IMG-20110416-00067.jpg

A

ahughes

Cheers fellas. Will have to get a set of lowered springs by the looks of it.