ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cup springs

clio williams n0.26
could someone tell me how much the 172 cup springs are from renault themselves,
had a look on ebay but nothing on there.

and if someone has purchased them cheaper elsewhere, then could u tell me prices and where from:)
thnx

Why not use the orogonal springs there 172 ones. I know of someone with some up for sale if your interested.

clio williams n0.26
sorry edde , orogonal?:S

u must think i am clueless:eek: appreciate your help though

in regards with the eibachs, they lower it too much, im currently running -25mm , the willy sits just right but getting grief with the roads in london so ive decided to raise it.
i was looking into the cup springs cos its only a 3-6mm drop .

also contacted eibach today to see if they can make me up sum custom ones, to about -10mm. the guy that deals with that side of things is away and will be in on monday, but it will be about on average £125 per corner :eek: ,which i think is a bit steep.

another place of the williams club was suggested to me and they do custom springs (hieght/poundage)so ill ring them tomorrow.

at the moment im gearing more towards the cup springs but ill see how it goes.

if anybody has tried both the 172 springs and the 172 cup springs any feedback on the 2 compared would b appreciated:) thnx

MERCEDES CLS AMG
172 has 2 white markings ( same as a williams ) 172 cup has a white and yellow marking.

8200257954 £106.59 + vat each

Last edited:
  clio williams n0.26
thnx matt , your a star was gonna post a question regarding that:D

when i rang renault they wanted the colour code, but i didnt know which one, they say the springs will b around £80 each:rolleyes: and they arent giving no cliosport discount:mad: .

custom springs to my spec are £90+vat for the pair, which is much more reasonable

Last edited:
  clio williams n0.26
just saw your edit matt ,£105+vat :eek: thats ridiculous!!

eibach will make cutom ones for that much

i really dont understand renault pricing, wont b getting them.

M2 Competition
Dont eibach do two different levels of springs. Pro/ sport...

Surely the less slammed of the two wont lower the car much?

clio williams n0.26
they dont do it for the williams, im looking for a drop of about 10mm, the only other way is to get coilovers, but i know i wont b able to make the most of them so cant justify buying them.

the cup springs would of been just right but not at that price. so custom it is.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Just out of interest Tim, how much you asking for these cup springs, and I take it you have both front and rear pairs?