ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup spoiler problem?

Hi guys,
Me and my dad atempted to fit my spoiler today, just cant seam to get it to sit right. It either has a 1cm gap from the glass or a 1cm gap from the rest of the car. Any idea what were doing wrong? :S

Evo 8 MR
They have a bit of a gap anyway tbh.

This is the best pic I have atm to show you.

I assume it's a mk2?

CSMeatBeaconFell9.jpg

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Mine was similar-just had to gradually smooth the underside to get rid of a couple of over run highspots from when it was repainted. Just be careful not to overstress it when you re-tighten it.

Decent shot that btw st3ve!:cool:

I don't think its the water pipe, we tried to make sure it the pipe sat in the slot. I could post a couple of pictures from my phone to see its the norm?

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Have you removed any damaged bits of the pink alignment washers from when you took your old one off? If they're still in the mounting holes could that be fouling it?

No I didnt pablo. There quite brital, the 1 has snapped and the other hasnt, I thought it would be better to leave them on for additional suppourt.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
No I didnt pablo. There quite brital, the 1 has snapped and the other hasnt, I thought it would be better to leave them on for additional suppourt.

Aye fair play-meant that had got left in the actual boot lid? They come out if you twist them (boot side)-when mine was painted some of the overspray had run into the holes (spoiler side), so the little tip wouldnt fit in the actual spoiler side properly.

Have another blast with the photos mate-theyve not worked :(

Titanium 182
There is a gap between the bottom of the spoiler and the glass, is normal.

They are hard to fit right though, I thought mine was ok opened the boot and it rubbed and made a mark on my ph1 :mad:

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Mine doesn't sit perfect. There is a gap between the glass and the spoiler, I assumed this was normal from other posts on here.

I have mine sitting flush against the glass as I thought it should. It weren't till I screwed it on that I noticed the other gap.

Sorted now, thanks. There is now the customary gap to the glass which has solved the problem. I have tried to get some corrected photos up but my phone wont sync with my email for some reason.

Wightman, did you ever fit the alloys in your project thread, I wan't to see anthracite 182s on that colour?