ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup spoiler brake light

koi

Audi S1
Is it common for these to go? Only 1 light on the end is lighting up now and MOT due next month so need to get it sorted. Guessing you need to take the spoiler off to pop the light out to change? Anyone got the part number for this, save me phoning Renault? Also how much are they?

Giulietta 940
Just PM Tom @ Wests Renault on here, he'll give you a discounted price for one. It should be about £30.

IIRC, the spoiler break light not working won't necessarily fail your MOT. I've passed two now with mine not working, however it is being replaced next week ;)

koi

Audi S1
Wasn't too sure about the mot thing, thought it was like the spare wheel, if it's there it needs to work.

Ordered a new one now anyway, thanks

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
172 Cup, 182 with Cup spoiler pack and 182 Cup:
Spoiler: 7701474863
Raised stoplight: 7700429000
V6 255 / 182 Trophy spoiler:
Tailgate Strut: 6020014070
Spoiler: 6020012727
High-level stop light: 7700844706 (+shunt: 8200308392)

Some complete assclown has stolen the bulbs/led's/whatever's in there from my spoiler, right outside my front door. I am fuming!

Came out today and noticed the fitment sticking out from the spoiler. Pushed it back in thinking it was strange but didn't give it a second thought. Only when it got dark while out driving in traffic that I looked in the rear view. Normally when stopped in traffic you can see the glow of the stoplight reflecting in the windscreen of the car behind, I didn't see this glow then it dawned on me.....

And what's more annoying is now I can't even get the fitment out myself. The thief seemed to manage easily enough without causing any damage?!

What's the current price for a replacement?

Will I have to set up CCTV to protect my stoplight in future?

Are you sure it's held in with nuts (Mk2 182 FF)? When I saw it hanging out there was a good inch or so showing, right up to the connector block & wires on the right hand side.

koi

Audi S1
Actual brake light is just clipped in, no need to remove the spoiler to remove it although it does make it a bit easier if you do.

Also can't believe someone would steal the led's!

172 cup- suzu rf600r
Yep its fairly common I think water seeps into it, might be worth putting some silicon or similar on the circuit board before fitting? Thats my plan for the next one anyway :)

You don't need it for the MOT though, would likely just be an advisory or not mentioned at all

does anyone if the loom plugs for the 182 cup brake light and the normal 172 brake light are the same? i have been told they are different, how do you go about pluging inthe 182 brake light to the 172 loom? is there an adapter that has a renault part number?

clio 182
I need to change mine for a new one any idea how this is clipped in.. don't want to break another...

Beaten up 182
Mine failed it's MOT on the LED brake light not working (amongst other things). If it's there it has to work.

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
i just fitted my new one. Unfortunatly it doesnt seal around the edges at all.

So... Im going to get some foam tape and increase the thickness of its rubber gasket