ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup Rattles

Peddled device

Anyone else had rattles from the doors? And when in ,say, 2nd gear going on & off throttle theres a slight clicking noise from the front offside.Maybe a loose engine mount bolt?

My Cup is 4k old.

E90

Ask Yoz, his car rattles more than a hole full of angry rattle snakes, not sure if his even has doors though.

Remapped derv Golf

Top of my drivers door rattles! Also the drivers side tweeter grill gets a little annoying sometimes. A quick bash stops it for about 500 yards!

Basically the roads in this country (esp in the s/east) are w**k! and the Cup has a rock ride.

Croydon is Pothole City!:p

Weeman sucks ****

The glass rattles in the drivers door when its slightly open, the headlight adjustment pod rattles and so does the air vent strip for the windscreen. And my 4k exhaust rattle has come back louder than ever!!

Just turn the stereo up lol, theyll never go away.

Quote: Originally posted by RALLYPUG on 18 October 2004
Anyone else had rattles from the doors? And when in ,say, 2nd gear going on & off throttle theres a slight clicking noise from the front offside.Maybe a loose engine mount bolt?My Cup is 4k old.

try gearbox mounts under the battery.

i get rattles if i put anything in the door pockets.

Quote: Originally posted by Dutch 172 on 18 October 2004
Ask Yoz, his car rattles more than a hole full of angry rattle snakes, not sure if his even has doors though.

you are in for it at the next trackday sonnyjim. you will be strapped in and will be in that car until i run out of petrol. (PS. I will have another 30 reindeers under the bonnet...)

/y0z

E90

Quote: Originally posted by Dutch 172 on 18 October 2004

you are in for it at the next trackday sonnyjim. you will be strapped in and will be in that car until i run out of petrol. (PS. I will have another 30 reindeers under the bonnet...)

/y0z
OMG!!! :eek: Ive just shat myself, I remember the indignity and fear of the last time you strapped me in, and me making sure they were tight about every ten seconds once wed set off!! LOL

Ive just spent two days trying to stop my cup rattles, done the back half still planning the front. Basically sound deadened the whole of the rear, stuffed roof insulation inbetween all the pannels, and used flashing tape on the back of plastic trim to give it some weight. Going to do this on the top half of the dash, the rattling from my heater vents and above the clocks drives me mad!

Quote: Originally posted by mr.b on 18 October 2004

Ive just spent two days trying to stop my cup rattles, done the back half still planning the front. Basically sound deadened the whole of the rear, stuffed roof insulation inbetween all the pannels, and used flashing tape on the back of plastic trim to give it some weight. Going to do this on the top half of the dash, the rattling from my heater vents and above the clocks drives me mad!
That engine also makes a lot of noise. You ought to replace it with a 1.2 and while youre at it change those noisy low profile tyres and fit proper 155/65/14s in there. The empty spare wheel well also acts as a resonant box: fill that up with bags of cement. Finally a bit of that expandable foam stuff for blocking holes should work a treat if you empty half a dozen cans in the dashboard. p.s if you wear your woolly slippers when driving itll also absorb vibrations from the brake pedal.

lol, cups are meant to be enjoyed rattles and all. Remove all this insulating rubbish and just enjoy driving the damn thing!

Cups usually rattle. All you have to do is space them more on the tea tray and they wont knock each other. Or simply have less people around for tea.

Ta, Andy

Yeah but some of us enjoy normal driving in addition to blasting round. A performance car shouldnt be a car thats been put together by a four year old. Just cos its a cup doesnt mean it should be a peice of sh*t to drive normally, and for about 3kg of sound proofing its actually a quiet car rather than sounding worse than my 13yr old R5GTT did. Perhaps philip, it aint me who needs the slippers, but you who needs to take off your baseball cap and un-peel the stickers from your windows!

dont take it so hard, just a bit of fun on a Monday ;o)

know what you mean about rattles but I bought the cup as a 2nd car for enjoyment and track use, so not too fussed. Surprisingly, mine has become rattle-free (everything has probably been g-forced into place)

p.s I have no stickers on my car as they may increase drag..

only kidding anyway mate, but my cup is used as an everyday car for some lengthy journeys and so the rattles drive me mad. Its only six months old aswell, not a good sign! Also into my car audio, so the less road noise in the car the better. Id love to have a striped out racer but it just aint practical for me.

Any news on the knocking sound when you let off the accelerator? Mine has been experiencing the same thing.

Ford Fiesta

Quote: Originally posted by mr.b on 18 October 2004

only kidding anyway mate, but my cup is used as an everyday car for some lengthy journeys and so the rattles drive me mad. Its only six months old aswell, not a good sign! Also into my car audio, so the less road noise in the car the better. Id love to have a striped out racer but it just aint practical for me.

Any news on the knocking sound when you let off the accelerator? Mine has been experiencing the same thing.

Mr b, my 182 does this as does other RS engined clios. But I think some of the knocking sounds people describe are different to one another.

You described it well there a knocking sound when you let off the accelerator, 2nd gear particularly loud.

Not sure.

i had a cup until earlier this year and the reason i got rid was that from the day i bought it, 10,000 miles old, it had an unnerving judder/knocking effect when turning at low speed, also the it did a clunking noise when i backed off the accelerator, no matter how smoothly i did it, reno dealer said the suspension was loose!!! (what) and not to worry as they had tightened it up!!! needless to say it still had this charecteristic so i got shut

mine like a mouse! done 30k and it lookes and drives like new! it got better and stopped rattling as more miles miled on.

on full lock mine squeeks at low speeds

just over 80mph in 5th theres a buzzing coming from the blue bit of trim above the glove box, sometimes the small blue bit of trim next to the iggy keys buzzes too.

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

you lot lol!

Coming from a 16v to a cup is like luxury, no rattles or noises from mine.

LIAM182: Yeah the knocking sound happens when you let off accelerator, more of a single thump from drivers side of engine. Thinks its always done it, not connected to turning though as some suggested. Does it in both 1st and 2nd, most probably due to the torque which leads me to belive its just moving on the engine mounts?