ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup or Copper S

GW 200T
As some of you now i picked my clio 172 Cup up about 3 weeks ago.

Today i have been offerd a Mini Copper S for a silly price.

Both cars have roughly the same amount of miles and the mini has realy been well looked after. theres 6 month inbetween the to cars.
Mini is finished in that gray silver with a white roof.

What do i do keep with the cup or go for a change and go for the copper S?? I need help to make my mind up ASAP

James

182 Trophy
didnt know they did a copper version of the s? ive seen that chrome 1 but copper, eughhhh

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Joeh the copper one is obviously the police car. fool.

IMO your asking in the wrong place because its a clio forum, your gonna be told that the cup is faster than god himself and it will outhandle Jesus on wheels in the twisties.

However, The cooper s are awesome cars, they handle very well, are very very tuneable for not alot of cash where as without spending thousands your not gonna make a cup any faster. Build quality is also better, someones probably gonna tell you they are a girls car but well... this is a clio forum, you cannot accuse any cars of being a girly car on here.

Black 172 PH2
Have a drive in the Mini.
Easier to get more power (if you wanted to) than a clio.
Any idea why its going so cheap? whats the mileage?

GW 200T
its a o3 plate in silver gray, white roof and as said it is mint, the tyres are like new and the alloys are not marked at all. full service history as well, 1 bonus which i like is that the bels will not to be ahve changed as they are a chain and the service itervals are every 2 years or 15k mles.

We got it for just under 5 grand, got it cheap as it was my garndads next door neighbours son who had a kid sold it to his old man whos my grandads neighbour an as he has 3-4 cars any how wanted rid,looked through all the service books etc and everything seems to be ok

Clio 1970000000
Tough decision that. Like the idea of getting the Cooper S and if you don't like it, sell it for a profit.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Probably a far better car than the Clio as a whole ownership experiance tbh

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
this is a reall though decission

I wanted a Cooper S before I got my 172. Loved the whine from supercharger only reason I didn't get one was because of the ridiculously small boot and only having four seats. Sounds like a bargain for £5k though.

Iceberg 172
That is a tough one. I like them but not sure I'd choose one over my 172.

I'm not keen on the White roofed ones either. Grey/black FTW!

GW 200T
What im thinking is sell the cup have the mini see how i get on and if i dont lik after a few months ten i still can sell with a profit

What im thinking is sell the cup have the mini see how i get on and if i dont lik after a few months ten i still can sell with a profit
and buy another cup...
i dont see you losing out much if this is the case. re: how you're getting the mini.

Test drive it dude, not the same thing but i test drove a new jcw yesterday, it didnt handle as well, feel as fast or sound as good as mine but theres loads of hype. Its personal preferance so dont listen to anyone :)

yeah i drove it this morning, dosent fill quiet as quick as the cup but handels very well tho

Sorry dude, didnt see this, do u think you could prefer the mini with a bit mor driving?
Id prbs go for the mini at the 5k mark, couldnt rrsist the sc.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Depends if you are buying to sell or buying to keep. The Mini isn't as bullet proof in terms of build quality as they are made out to be.
The missus cousin has had a fair few and is well involved on the forums and lots of them seem to have lots of problems......so not too unlike the Clios...

Then again some of them are faultless....go figure.

In terms of 'fun'...well the Mini is chuckable but i think the Cup is more of a stripped back hoot.
Doesn't help that the things are so sodding common either.
The only Mini i'd look at getting would be the GP but thats just me.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
If you go for the Mini be prepared for BIG fuel bills. Don't think my brother ever got more than 25mpg out of his. As for performance it was only a smidge slower than my 172. Was fun to drive but felt heavier imo, they're also very common.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
go for the mini, much more modern looking and the supercharger whine is awesome, get a few mods done and you'll no doubt love it

S3, Polo
I would have said the Cooper S, but I'm loving my Cup at the moment. An MCS definitely *feels* more grown up, but the interior is not that great, in real terms.

Also, the long 1st and 2nd gears in the R53 got on my tits.

My old one:

456647675_2b1b7c6e23_b.jpg