ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup just failed mot

Hiya guys, bit gutted atm just had an mot today and it failed. Mot man was not happy with the bolts used for my new bucket seats mainly & eyebolts for the harness's were apparantly not tight enough? & the headlights are aimed all over the place.

Question 1 is - Whats the best bolts, washers etc to be using to attach the subframes to the car?

2) I have tightened up the eyebolts as much as i can, is there a special tool i can use?

3) I thought headlight beam angle could be adjusted?

Cheers guys.

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
1) How are they attached now? Might have been worth asking the tester what you need to change, Probably just stronger bolts/nuts and washers.

2) Just stick a screwdriver through the eye and turn?

3) Theres manual adjustment on the back of the lights iirc,

Basically the subframes are secure, they don't move! however it's an issue with the strength of the bolts. Found some m8 cap bolts on ebay which are 12.9 grade. Is this what most people are using?

Dynamique Flamer
On number 3 my lights weren't right but they adjusted them for me! Maybe thats because i am a girl though LOL

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
have you got any pics of how your harnesses are attached to your frames mate for reference for me?!?

Lionel Richie
you need to find another MOT place by the sounds of it, i've never had my headlights tested once on any car

you should use at least 10.9 M8 bolts and the original renault nuts (the ones with the skirt on them)

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
you need to find another MOT place by the sounds of it, i've never had my headlights tested once on any car

you should use at least 10.9 M8 bolts and the original renault nuts (the ones with the skirt on them)

yup fred's correct there, ive got 12.9 M8 for the one's im going to use for my frames.

however, what are you using the attach the harnesses to the frames?

my eyelets dont fit in the holes in the lugs for the frame from cobra! not sure what to do about that.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
fred,

how have you got your harnesses mounted to your cobra x-low frames?

am fitting mine on sat just after a bit of last minute advice. guess this might help cbetts too?

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
ha i dont even know any dodgy mot testers and i supply to garages all day long :s

but yeah fred, if you can have a look that would be great.