ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cup for a williams

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

has anyone gone from a 172 to a williams, preferably replies from 172 cup owners,

Snotter's

all relative though,they cost a lot less to buy.To me they stand out from the crowd,the colour,styling and the name

Quote: Originally posted by Neil82cup on 25 July 2005

Not on my opinion, its defo a step down in every other way.
lol, are you on magic mushrooms? a williams looks better than a 182 any day of the week!

Quote: Originally posted by Adamf on 25 July 2005

Who bought BenHs? Didnt he have both?
That was Smokey_McPot, he still has a Cup and a Williams.

I also went from a 172 cup to a Williams and I love it :D

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

Quote: Originally posted by Neil82cup on 25 July 2005

Bit of a step down imho.
i think a step down is 172cup to 182 whatever, williams are the nuts and look much better than the new rs clios

but then again i see pics of that mont series 1 rs turbo

ah decisions decisions

PMSL @ Neil :)

I need to bring my car to Scotland and show you what a fast car goes like... only I dont think my car would make it that far... lol

and yes, it costs much more to run than a cup...

LY 200

What do you mean by saying they cost more to run than a cup?

Surely if you get a good example it could be just as good?

dunno... I bought a clean example... unfortunately it wasnt good and has had the entire car replaced... bar chassis and shell :( lol

...goes well tho... lol

tbh the 172/182 will proberly be no better when there 10year old when there no warrenty and no one will pay the prices to get them fixed , renault charge the earth! good job i get staff discount lol

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

i so want to have a ride in your williams jesus... i need to know what all the fuss is about!!!

please note: this is not me making an advance at jesus before anyone says so!

LOL at Seb! Well ill be down your neck of the woods not too long from now when Ben can fit me in, so well meet up and Ill take ya for a blast then and you can see old school 2.0 power :devilish:... ill let Ben drive it too as he knows the roads ;)... lol

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

If you like old school and can do without your toys then the willy would seam an obvious choice to me ,especially if your a true clio fan.What better way of saving a few grand than to chop in for a cheaper car and have the same driveability.

If i was house hunting then i would go for it

ian

like Ian 182 says, if you cant afford the newer RS or just dont fancy owning one then the Willy is ideal, plus unlike new RS models it will hold its value. obviously the majority of owners on here are MK2 Clio owners, so you will get the majority advising you to keep the newer car and to be honest I would agree going on my own experience, as the Williams is not a car thats easy to own. It will cost more in pretty much every way you can think, and they attract a load of attention, which I dont really like when Im in a car... the advantage over newer clios is the driver feedback, its easier to drive fast from the various 172s ive driven. doesnt have the same level of grip as the 172, but the balance of the car is better so thats not really an issue imo.

Up until recently i owned all 3 at the same time. Well Ph1 172, Ph2 182 and a Willified Valver

182 and Hybrid are on par performance wise but the hybrid out handles the 182 and has a 10x better grin factor when driving it knowing your £2.5k 11yo beast can embaress most £20k+sports cars on the road. Oh and the gp 12 insurance helps too rather then 17:cool:

Have recently sold the 172 and am selling the 182 now so will just be left with the Hybrid which is having more toys added to it in the next week or so:D

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

well im still not sold on it but it balls down to a few old skool cars, series 1 rs turbo, r5 gtt, williams(without a sunroof), im sure a few more will crop up, but i fancy some turbo power power rather than rag the hell out of a 16v engine,

if the price is right and insurance wasnt an issue then an rx7 would be no1 choice

My Williams cost me nothing other than servicing in the 2 years I owned it.

Better handling than the MK1 & 2 172s but I have never driven the Cup so cannot comment on it.

Mine was quicker than the stats suggest - I have owned many cars that are around 20secs to 100 - Fiesta Turbos x 3 - Fiesta RS1800s x 2 - MK2 Golf 16v Gti x 1 - Saxo VTS x 1 - Golf VR6 x 1.

The little Willams was quicker than all standard. Once chipped the Fiesta Turbos had the legs on it.

It is built out of bits of tin but unlike the later Clios you are not paying as much for cheap plastic and thin metal panels.

Quote: Originally posted by TheJesus on 26 July 2005

PMSL @ Neil :)

I need to bring my car to Scotland and show you what a fast car goes like... only I dont think my car would make it that far... lol

and yes, it costs much more to run than a cup...

LMAO bring it on.:D

LY 200

Quote: Originally posted by Smokey on 26 July 2005

Up until recently i owned all 3 at the same time. Well Ph1 172, Ph2 182 and a Willified Valver

182 and Hybrid are on par performance wise but the hybrid out handles the 182 and has a 10x better grin factor when driving it knowing your £2.5k 11yo beast can embaress most £20k+sports cars on the road. Oh and the gp 12 insurance helps too rather then 17:cool:

Have recently sold the 172 and am selling the 182 now so will just be left with the Hybrid which is having more toys added to it in the next week or so:D
Smokey, your hybrid isnt standard though is it?

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

Quote: Originally posted by TheJesus on 27 July 2005

sounds like a slow one tho if its not getting away from a 182 ;)
You dont get any better do you;)and its funny how all the willy owners cars who harp on about it are not standard.

ian

[Edited by ian 182 on 27 July 2005 at 2:39pm]