ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup & Cage Pic's!

172 Cup SOLD
Bought a half cage from Matt and Steve (cheers guys) and decided that I wanted to go against the norm and spary it before fitting. As far as Steve was aware only Ang has her cage painted - pink I believe!

Picked the cage up end of September and after a week or so when the weather started to clear up, I decided to set about prepping the cage, sanded it down, primered it, sanded again and then sprayed it with about 4 coats of hammerite smooth white, pretty pleased with the finish, obviously theres a few imperfections, but nothing that would be picked up until someone got in the car and started looking for them!

Oh there was no excuse for me putting my Simpson in the pics btw, just thought it looked pretty good in the hammock!!!! :p

IMGP1533.jpg

IMGP1534.jpg

IMGP1535.jpg

IMGP1536.jpg

Also here's a quick pic of the front of the car (courtesy of Deb I think at the last Westerham meet! Ta very much :) )

DSCF1628.jpg

172 Cup SOLD
Cheers for the comments guys.

Few more things are on there way over the next few weeks, white badges, sparco steering wheel, possibly another 2118 for the well and a cup racer tow eye.....then finished!

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Looking good!

Oh there was no excuse for me putting my Simpson in the pics btw, just thought it looked pretty good in the hammock!!!! :p

Don't lie. You actually wear it when you go down the shops don't you? :rasp:

172 Cup SOLD
Yep its a Caged 1/2 cage.

That looks just fab in white, good choice much nicer than orange.

Cheers Matt, glad you helped persuade me white would be the better thing to do, tbh I'm glad I didn't go down the orange route now, more than chuffed with this!

Thanks for all the other good comments guys! :)

williams 2

Cheers Matt, glad you helped persuade me white would be the better thing to do, tbh I'm glad I didn't go down the orange route now, more than chuffed with this!

there is another one in the distance as the gf's cap is turning out like that! getting the 2118's next month and she's been on at me to strip it with white cage for bout 3-4 months now! Over xmas now though as we got engine and coily's to sort first! Then it may warrant a cage :D

182 inside
spinal injuries if you have an accident with the way you've mounted the rear harness points. 0-30 degrees from level of shoulder. other than that, looking really good!

Smart, should of painted mine :)

If anybody else is interested in one of these pm me as I have a contact who is keen to sell his on.

172 Cup SOLD
Thanks all!!

I'll whack some more pics up next week when i've fitted my new steering wheel and a few other bits and bobs

GDI 227bhp ITB`d 172 cup

there is another one in the distance as the gf's cap is turning out like that! getting the 2118's next month and she's been on at me to strip it with white cage for bout 3-4 months now! Over xmas now though as we got engine and coily's to sort first! Then it may warrant a cage :D

u bugger. another 1 4 me to race LOL:rasp:

GDI 227bhp ITB`d 172 cup
IMGP1536.jpg

just noticed that ur`s as a door lock on the drivers door :S, mine`s only got 1 on the passenger side, y is this??:eek:

172 A Cupwork Orange™
later cups only have one lock on the passenger side eu laws changed and state you only need one lock so renault cashed in on this and only fitted one tight buggers lol

178hp 172 Cup

dan should hav done his cage in Orange, then i could hav done mine in white!!! :rolleyes:

car is lookin ace dude!!! we need to get some snaps of both cups together soon dude b4 the weather turns for the worst!!

172 Cup SOLD

dan should hav done his cage in Orange, then i could hav done mine in white!!! :rolleyes:

car is lookin ace dude!!! we need to get some snaps of both cups together soon dude b4 the weather turns for the worst!!

We do indeed, if I get round to cleaning mine this weekend could do sunday maybe?

Ang

Pink/Blue 182
Bought a half cage from Matt and Steve (cheers guys) and decided that I wanted to go against the norm and spary it before fitting. As far as Steve was aware only Ang has her cage painted - pink I believe!

Hehe maybe :eek::eek:

Looks fantastic in white !!! love it !!! :D :D