ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup badges in different places

I can probably guess the general response to this but its worth a shot.

I have some spare 172 Cup badges (and before anyone asks, Im keeping some spare incase I need them so they arent going on EBay or being sold here) and decided to tack them on to various places on the car to see how they look. Ive come up with two possibilities so I could do one, both or none of them...

1) Under the Clio badge at the rear. Ive seen a few with these and it looks good, offset slightly to the right looks the best of the positions Ive tried.

2) On the front to the right of left of the numberplate, wasnt expecting much but darn it looks nice, set about 2/3rds along towards the outside edge. Cant decide if it should be drivers side or passenger though.

Any ideas? I know its personal choice and I will probably end up going with none but Id like to hear peoples opinions.

130i, 306 hdi, vrs

I got four spares with my cup , they go on ebay for like £12 ! do renault not stock these ?

Quote: Originally posted by badinvincible on 28 July 2005

I wouldnt have them anywhere else but the door pillar or below the Clio badge on tailgate.
Tailgate would like nice, although at the same time I swear some people think I have a new colour coded Extreme with an RS badge as its amazing what people will try to "challenge" you in (I found myself pulling out right into the middle of a 106 cruise last Sunday, was amusing to say the least), having a 172 badge on the back may spoil that!

Weeman sucks ****

I wouldnt have them at all, infact I havent! A few parts fell off once so I took the rest off...saves weight and reduces drag:p

The 182 ones are even worse, such a ghey font. Just being a sad designer geek!

DC5

I saw one with it under the clio badge at the back up in North Yorkshire last Friday (any one from here?), it looked quite good.

But I havent got any other than the ones on the doors.

172 cup TT

Do what ive done.. Chop the "7" up in the "172" so it looks like a DOT... nice clio cup 1.2 ;)... Oh, the side skirt badges.. damn

Mini Cooper S sport

God I love inferno, cant believe Ive still not seen one in the metal! The cup badges look good on the back, and even OK on the bonnet I think.

I was thinking under the bonnet on the flat bumper bit (same bit where the plate lives), Im sure it would look good on the far right but cant quite picture it unless I take the backing off the sticker and try it. Probably best with just "172" or "CUP" though, both would be too much in a small area.

[Edited by ukaskew on 29 July 2005 at 11:12pm]

I will put it on B-pillar cos it is more original. But put it right under the side repeater is also nice too I think.

:( Question: Do we just stick them on normally or we need to do a bit modify to make it more stable??? It is so small and I worry if it can easily fell off, especially when car wash.

BTW, Infero Clio looks so goooooooooood!!!! :D

Quote: Originally posted by hkka on 31 July 2005

I will put it on B-pillar cos it is more original. But put it right under the side repeater is also nice too I think.

:( Question: Do we just stick them on normally or we need to do a bit modify to make it more stable??? It is so small and I worry if it can easily fell off, especially when car wash.
I stuck them on by hand, extremely sticky and once they settle they wont come off in a hurry.

Loving the interior idea, looks great.

Volvo S60 T5

They are 9.40 at the dealers, used to be a lot cheaper than that last year.

I had a couple I found in my drawer, put them on auction seperately and they went for over 20 quid each:eek:

Clio Cup/GSXR 600

Ive got the cup badge on the back under clio, with the nurburgring going through the badges, looks sweet. Also a cup badge inside same as nique ^^^^ Left off the 172 though, just CUP.