ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cunting t***s.. notts, break in :-(

172 mk2
come out of work this morning at 2 (bar job) and get to my car to find the passenger window in a million peices and minus my head unit..

they used a screw driver to get it out so ive gouges all around the cd/dash bit. they found the face off under my seat and my remote.

they had my back seat forward and saw my sub but just left it.. my alarm was hopefully going off. they didnt take a single cd which are in the cup holders.

never claimed for something like this, is it worth it and how do i go about proving what i had in the car??

(with renault insurance btw)

totally gutted... :(

Clio 172mk2
for claiming depends how many years ncb u allready have , any previous claims, and if u need this years ncb.

also how much was the h/u worth and sub , remember some insurence companys will only pay out 300-500 on h/u and equipment unless u have stated it, i know my old policy said it would pay out for upto 2500 of "standard" equipment.

but if u can claim , you could lie a little say u had a expensive jacket in there , spare set of trainers or somet , that way u get money back for the inconvienience

oh n check to make sure yer insurence covers u for car parks at 2, as in one of my policeys they tried putin car must be in garage between 11-5 in morn ,

172 mk2
Re: c**ting tw*ts.. notts, break in :-(

taylor said:
gutted, bit silly leavin the face in ur car tho

i bet 90% of people dont take the face with them and think 'it wont happen to me'

do you have to prove you had the said items (ipod, jacket, new in dash screen ;) ) in your car ie reciepts?

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Howie - I've got a Pioneer DEH-77MP head unit in my wardrobe I don't need anymore. Drop me a PM with a reasonable offer and you can have it mate. Comes with remote control too. :)

D

dick

DarthCake said:
Howie - I've got a Pioneer DEH-77MP head unit in my wardrobe I don't need anymore. Drop me a PM with a reasonable offer and you can have it mate. Comes with remote control too. :)

awesome head unit, looks understated, no fking flashy lights

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

howie p said:
i bet 90% of people dont take the face with them and think 'it wont happen to me'

do you have to prove you had the said items (ipod, jacket, new in dash screen ;) ) in your car ie reciepts?

yes you do otherwise how will they know what your claiming for!

phone them up mate and find out of you can claim but id claim for everything, trainers, shoes, sub, amp, in dash stereo, dvds what ever you can

suzuki ignis sport

Feel for you mate, same happened to me they took the lot screwed my dash, ripped my seats and scratched my paint work.

All the best!

Black 172 MK2
its bad, i feel for you. Same thing happened to my old car. I was the same as you "it'll never happen to me" and then it did, from then on i allways took my HU face with me. We learn from your mistakes.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Howie - its in the for sale section at the moment mate, but let me know if you want it and i'll pop it round this week and we can fit it.

Si.

172 mk2
thanks guys, this place is like a big bundle of love!

the insurance company are fixing the window, dash, and putting a new HU in with a face off, and they're gunna make sure my steering wheel and cd changer work too!

got to pay 150 excess but can claim 100 for goods.

the rest will be done on house insurance

being picked up today so i can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
thanks for the offer si, yet to see you on the porsche straight (in my rear view lol)

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
lol I'll be in your rear view mate, with my hazards on offering help after you've broken down

;) lol.

172 mk2

lol, not tryin to suggest anything about renaults i hope!

just been taken away on a low loader...:(

MK1 clio1.2 Versailles 97
fuckin gutted m8....i take my faceplate out altogether now. cos chavs no u leave em in car!!! ALL I CAN SAY IS f**k NOBBBBBS

172 mk2

White16valver said:
Be careful where you park it - they know you have a sub so might be back for it... :S

[/paranoid]

hadnt thought of that....