ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cub's Flamer - Supercharged, Cage etc

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Final bit of work done ready for Bedford. Got my powdercoated Willys wheels back with the Direzzas fitted, then faffed about with the spacers / caliper & wheel weight clearance / arch clearance at the front.

Had to chop some of the inner arch out at the front! Lol!

Got there though;

31d1f58a05b445bc918e51ce5cc6ad89.jpg

8e59f7f228f9cd4c7b6fc52ab6a09efa.jpg

e9ac4e78ae4138010fe37f048e84a483.jpg

f7641b6e62b02f700d756307e864b397.jpg

e77dd152f827af61d1d03fa0f610b349.jpg

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
The bit chopped out of the arches both sides...

b40574d11a8869f5a18b759014fb1a05.jpg

Sadly the brake ducts won't fit around the boost pipe on the right hand side. So they'll need some modification fit. I'll run Bedford without them, see what the cooling is like. Then fit them modified if needed, or sell them on if not needed.

Last edited:

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
Wheels look good, you don't have much clearance on them calipers.
I have my gopro on the rear cross, you can always change the angle to get the best picture set it up with the app then you can see what the camera sees on your phone without keep putting it on the computer.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Wheels look good, you don't have much clearance on them calipers.
I have my gopro on the rear cross, you can always change the angle to get the best picture set it up with the app then you can see what the camera sees on your phone without keep putting it on the computer.

The clearance is minimal. Completely minimal. Going to be interesting see how they fair at Bedford!

Cup In bits
Very Nice Cub, I ain't been on here in a good while but you have certainly moved this on some, well done. Look forward to your TD video's.

Given you have recently bought the brake upgrade and are in the loop as such, I'm guessing nobody has managed to fit the Brembo's under a 15" wheel with no spacers on 280mm (or bigger) discs?

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Very Nice Cub, I ain't been on here in a good while but you have certainly moved this on some, well done. Look forward to your TD video's.

Given you have recently bought the brake upgrade and are in the loop as such, I'm guessing nobody has managed to fit the Brembo's under a 15" wheel with no spacers on 280mm (or bigger) discs?

Cheers Morgan. And yep, without spacers, I can't find a single 15" wheel that will go over the Brembos.

Mine has cup wishbones, and when I fit the roll centre kit from @NorthloopCup I'll get even more width, so will need to do as much as I can to keep the wheels from scrubbing. I may need to go to 195's annoyingly. Or get stiffer springs now the car will only really see a track. Will see.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Cheers Morgan. And yep, without spacers, I can't find a single 15" wheel that will go over the Brembos.

Mine has cup wishbones, and when I fit the roll centre kit from @NorthloopCup I'll get even more width, so will need to do as much as I can to keep the wheels from scrubbing. I may need to does to 195's annoyingly. Or get stiffer springs now the car will only really see a track now. Will see.
Stiffer springs mate. You can buy my ast's when I split the cup. Lol! You'll need 450lb up front minimum.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Can only do one at a time anyhoo

Also nothing stopping me getting the gear over to yours to do it tbh, saves the dirty journey back lol

Cup In bits

Mine has cup wishbones, and when I fit the roll centre kit from @NorthloopCup I'll get even more width, so will need to do as much as I can to keep the wheels from scrubbing. I may need to go to 195's annoyingly. Or get stiffer springs now the car will only really see a track. Will see.

Yeah when I first fitted this kit around 2 years ago I tried several wheels and realised I was never going to get a 15" wheel to fit and have a half decent offset so I scrapped the idea and started to run them on my track car which had 16" wheels, your options increase greatly then.

I was told at the time that this and that 15" wheel would fit when actually it turns out, just like I proved at the time yet had people butting heads with me that it's just not easy.... Just a bit of a rant from me really. I hope you do find something to suit as i'll copy quickly but to me the only option is to go custom bells and rotors sadly.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Not much to update here. Ran it around a bit, then the MOT ran out and I haven't had time to take it in for it's test yet, so need to sort that this week.

Once MOT'd it is heading off to get the roll centre adjustment kit fitted and full geo.

Bought another set of the willy wheels;

5d7827bd7a1e827c0debc94b641f7648.jpg

They currently have ditch finders on, so they are going to be replaced with some Yoko AD08Rs.

Question is, what colour? Black like the others, or gold or grey or silver?

Votes please, and photoshops if anyone is kind enough. Can use the photos of the black ones above. @SharkyUK :smile: