ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cub's Flamer - Supercharged, Cage etc

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Spec update;

Engine
- 182 Engine, rocker cover painted white, block painted black.
- Rotrex Supercharger kit with associated boost pipes.
- Gen90 ECU
- Toyosport Intercooler
- Custom Roose Motorsport hoses
- Samco Coolant hose kit
- Magnecor Leads
- Mocal Oil Cooler
- Mocal Catch Tank
- ARP Rod Bolts
- K-Tec / Vibratec Solid Engine Mounts
- Matched Inlets
- K-Tec 3.5" Recessed Supersports exhaust
- Megane Injectors
- 102k miles, new cambelt, dephaser, megane keyweyed pulley and megane crank bolt fitted and timed by Dan@SJM
- Powdercoated inlets, fuel rail guard, engine mount and brackets
- Bosch S4 battery
- Air con delete
- Nimbus heatshield
- Mapped by RS Tuning, Rolling Roaded at 248.7bhp and 220 ft lb.

Transmission
-
New Gearbox
- Gripper LS Diff
- PMS Race Shifter / Gear linkage

Handling

- Bilstein B14 Coilovers
- Whiteline ARB
- Eibach Hubcentric Spacers (16mm) all round
- PMS Solid Top Mounts and Strut Brace
- Eibach Camber bolts
- -2.5 deg camber at the front, 10 mins toe. -1 deg camber at rear
- PMS Stud and Nut kit fitted
- 15 inch OZ F1 wheels
- Cup wishbones fitted

Braking

- ABS delete (incl. Loom), full Cup brake setup fitted
- Ferodo DS2500s front, Ferodo DS2500s rear.
- Brembo HCs (Front)
- Renault OEM Discs (Rear)
- Goodridge Braided Brake Lines
- ATE Super Blue Racing brake fluid
- Fog lights removed and no arch liners

Interior

- 2x Sparco Evo 3 Bucket Seats
- OMP Subframes
- OMP 3" Harnesses
- Custom Oreca / Renaultsport 330mm Steering Wheel
- OMP boss
- 6 point Roll Cage
- K-Tec Rear Boot Mat
- Renaultsport Front Mats
- Sony CD Player with Ipod Connector
- White Dash Strips & Gear Insert
- Alcantara Handbrake Cover
- Rear Strut Brace

Exterior
-
Cup Splitter
- Trophy Spoiler
- Renault Sport 197 Badge
- Porsche 'Bee Sting' Aerial

Last edited:

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
It needs some decent photos taken of it !

Yes, yes it does. Needs to be after the hoses have been delivered so I can swap the blue out dude. :smile: I also have my go pro, so Luke and I were hoping to do some arty farty videos with that and his SLR. Bring yours and we can whore it up :) We need to lock down Wales Weekender v2 bud!

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
That is one awseome spec car. How is it at getting the power down? Does the gripper make it really snatchy at the front?

Cheers Iain :smile:

It puts the power down really well as far as I can tell. The best test will be on a wet track, but so far so good.

I think it's a combination of the Gripper not being set too aggressively (so not too snatchy) and the charger delivering the power in a very controllable / 'NA' type curve.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Further to Sonny's questions, was it more of the tweak to the existing map you thought it might be, or did it require a full map starting from scratch?

It would just be a tweak to fine tune it, bet it only took an hour or two like mine will take next week.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
@sonny172cup and @Tim. yep, the Gen90 was more than upto it. Paul at RS Tuning mapped it and was excellent. It did only need tweaking, but it needed the idle sorting etc.

I've just taken my brother in law for a run in it, and I'm over the moon with it. Largely because his comment was it feels like it came out of the factory supercharged. No drama with power delivery, no funky idle, controllable throttle. Just smooth power delivery and rapid pick up of pace.

That is exactly what I was aiming for, as I want a usable, get in the car and it fires first time, reasonably fast track car. :)

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
The thing I like most about this car is that so many forum people have been involved along the way, it really feels like a weapon of the people. Great credit to you for having the vision (and funds) to get it to where it is today.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Just had chance to sit and read all this (Not all of it but the updated part) properly.
Looks flippin' awesome mate. :D