ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CS MTB Trip Easter 06

tiTTy & SV650
Pics thread

Just home from a weekends mountain biking in Dumfries-shire, Ally, Clio_Rob, Dave3141 and MrsDave3141 (who still exists...) were staying in a nice log cabin / chalet near Dalbeattie which had views out over the Solway Firth.

Arrived Friday 4pm unpacked the cars etc.

Saturday morning - Ally, Rob, Dave and I rode the red trail at Ae Forest - the Ae Line - it was good nice and flowing. 19km all off road

Saturday afternoon - Ally and I still had some puff so went to Mabie Forest and did some of the Red run there, 90% singletrack, bonus!!!

Sunday - all of us went to Kiroughtree to try out what we'd heard to be the best of the seven stanes centres, we agree!

All of us rode the red to start at 17km but Ally being superfit Ally did the black section as well, i.e. 31km.

Sunday afternoon - heading back to the cabin and Mrs Dave we stopped off at Twnholm, home of David Coulthard and popped into the museum, not where you expect to find a couple of F1 cars but hey nice surprise!

Here's a few pics:

DSC00620.jpg

DSC00635.jpg

DSC00629.jpg

DSC00625.jpg

DSC00624.jpg

DSC00618.jpg

DSC00621.jpg

Banana
Looked like good fun. Hope you all made it back in one piece.
Sorry I didnt go now. I did get out however on a less extreme route lol
DSC00074.jpg

Maybe next time....

R

Rebecca

Hi we are back home now finally. David is still out taking Rob to the train station. I had so much fun. I will put some links to pictures up soon. Just got to sort through them first. I'm definately going to do some mountain biking ready for the next trip. Do some of the little routes while you do all big ones. The best part of the whole weekend was when I rode Rory for an hour it only cost £15. :eek: A horse called Rory not the clio sport member of the same name, who would probably cost much more than £15.;)

Rebecca aka Mrs Dave3141

mk1 RT
i got back 20 mins ago i will put some of my pics up tomorrow whenever i wake up

hopefully next time i will be driving too

tiTTy & SV650
Alan warm like Rory the horses s**t...

Alan Muzz and Mark, come along in October or so for the next trip, you can do blue routes or the red at your own pace.

Rob, long journey, enjoy your sleep.

I'm going biking again tomorrow lol

R

Rebecca

If anyone wants to do an easier route you can accompany me around and then if it looks like we were going really slow you can say it was my fault and you were looking after me lol. Or we could do a red route again as slow as we like. I'm going to try and do some biking this time so it would be nice to have some company who aren't as fast as Ally. He will be a dot on the horizon within seconds from what I keep hearing.

Rebecca

mk1 RT
long journey indeed and i had to stand up all the way :dapprove: i will sleep well:sleepy:

as for the next one i would jump at the chance to go again :D i would be happy to go to the same place again its worth the 8hrs traveling as llong as we can do the Kiroughtree trail again

R

Rebecca

rory182 said:
Rob, You could drive it in 5 or 6 hours I'm sure

I think we will do it quicker next time now we know where we are going. I hope I can talk David into taking me to Scotland before the next proper bike trip then i can cheat and try out a few of the trails early. There is also quite a few more things I would like to go and see in Scotland so a proper full length holiday would be nice.

Rebecca

My impressions of the trails:
Dalbeattie Hardrock Trail (the one I fell off on on Friday...): too rocky, too flat, not that much fun.
Ae Line (Saturday morning): pretty sweet, still a bit flat, quite rocky, some brilliant descents. Scary jumps at the end! :eek:
Mabie Phoenix Trail (Saturday afternoon): only did half of it but it was excellent. Really nice singletrack, a very natural feel to the trails despite being man-made. Really enjoyed it.
Kirroughtree Red and Black (Sunday): the best man-made trail I've ridden - better than Glentress and Innerleithen IMO. Very natural feeling, smooth-ish surface for part of it without being too like a cycleway. Very well designed too - nice descents with gradients and corners just right that you didn't have to brake or pedal too much. I liked a lot!

All my pics from the trip can be found here

A few of the good ones:
Rory:
IMG_2941.gif

Dave:
IMG_2943.gif

Rob:
IMG_2944.gif

Ally:
IMG_2946.gif

Our chalet:
IMG_2963.gif

Group pic:
IMG_2979.gif

New modifications:
IMG_3014.gif

Rory's usual driving style:
IMG_3022.gif

tiTTy & SV650
clio_rob said:
321.0 miles : 5 hr 53 min taken from routefinder but it would be possible to do it in 5hrs

hmmm i used to do 330 miles twice a week in 4 hours, 4.5 hours max, that wasnt even motorways lol

R

Rebecca

rory182 said:
hmmm i used to do 330 miles twice a week in 4 hours, 4.5 hours max, that wasnt even motorways lol

Isn't that just because you over take like a nutter though lol. I think being in a car with you would be pretty scary. Scarier than riding Rory perhaps.

Rebecca

tiTTy & SV650
Rebecca said:
Isn't that just because you over take like a nutter though lol. I think being in a car with you would be pretty scary. Scarier than riding Rory perhaps.

Rebecca

Lol how can you say that?! I think being in the car with Dave and his heavy right foot would be scary, as Ally will confirm all my overtakes were all perfectly safe, straight lines are sooooooooo dull....

oh yeah, I don't take a racing line in blind bends like some people ;)

Motorbikes
gutted i missed it now! instead took my dad for a few laps of carron valley which was a blast, lost him for dead on the last one andbeat him by 15 minutes.

anyways, defo up for the next one, but sleepless in the saddle takes priority.

bikes in bits now, needs rebuilding in time for the race up at fort bill!

R

Rebecca

rory182 said:
Lol how can you say that?! I think being in the car with Dave and his heavy right foot would be scary, as Ally will confirm all my overtakes were all perfectly safe, straight lines are sooooooooo dull....

oh yeah, I don't take a racing line in blind bends like some people ;)

Last edited by a moderator: