ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crumpler

White Sti Hatch
Well im hopefully going to be picking up my new D60 this weekend so im in need of a good bag for it i was looking at the "pretty boy" line from crumpler but im unsure what size is best suited to me as theres a good few sizes to pick from...Anyone give me a hand with my final choice and also point me to a good place to buy from as i dont think anyone local stocks them.

Cheers

Sy

Pajero 3.8 V6
Go direct through the Crumpler site. I have used them, pretty quickly delivery too.

I have a Crumpler Nikon bag, quite hard to find these days though! Are you just looking for a bag for camera and kit lens or a bag you can use to hold more??

Mine fits my D40, 30mm, 18-200, flash and spare bits and bobs.

Before the Nikon Crumpler I had a pretty boy XL. It held D40 + Lens + Extra lens with pouch in front to hold other bits!

Last edited:
  White Sti Hatch
Id be just for the basic atm but wouldent mind having room for more kit....I take it the XL would be a good choice ??

White Sti Hatch
Itll be a while before i grow out of it i think, just wanting something that will down me for what i have at the moment D60 + Kit lense and then later on another lense no doubt...

White Sti Hatch
Gd as i ordered one up about an hour ago lol Hopefully itll arrive on monday/tuesday....

Cheers for your help again mate.

182-racing-blue

Shame I have a crumpler december quarter I want to get rid of.

I dont rate crumpler at all, its just a name.

I have owned various different bags, rucksacks for my equipment and have always come back to my trusty Tamrac expedition 5. Best £80 I ever spent.

Will only use the crumpler if I ever need to transport my laptop with camera gear, but then there is no room for tripod!!

I am the opposite to above! Also tried lots and found the crumpler the best fit and plenty of padding. Would have got it whether it was made by them or someone else!

182-racing-blue

I compared a bag from all manufacturers that said it could accomodate roughly the same amount of kit and the Tamrac came out tops. Obviously there is a bag out there for everyones individual needs. Im sure that if I only had 1-3 lenses and the body to think about then I would get a prettyboy or similar.

The december quarter isnt a great choice for 7 lenses a laptop and accessories. The Tamrac chews all that up and a tripod and wants more.

Also Crumpler are way overpriced.

I paid 55 quid for the december qyarter on ebay which should have been 175 quid retail and it has the same amount of padding as the Tamrac if not less.

White Sti Hatch
Well itll be the first one i own of no doubt many to come so have to start somewhere and why not start with what alot of people seem to recommend.

I do like my crumpler, but I also have a lowepro TLZ mini for when I am going out with just the Sigma.

Because I usually know what I am going to go shooting I very rarely take all my equipment out with me.