ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cruise Control

Clio Sport 182
So I believe some of the 182's come with cruise control. Can anyone tell me how easy it is to retro fit the cruise control to a 182 which has the buttons on the steering wheel, but seemingly no cruise control fitted. Not sure what is involved.

Cheers

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
All 182's should have cruise on anyway, especially i the buttons are already there.

Could be aribag ring, break or clutch pedal switches or a fault in the ECU iirc.

Clio Sport 182
Ok, so if I hold the cruise control switch in place i get the dash light and can adjust it. If i then let go of the switch it cancels, making me think it's possibly a switch causing the problem. I removed the clutch switch and checked it with a meter and got a definite switching. I removed the brake switch and got no change anywhere across any of the terminals. I reckon it may be the brake switch not working. Anyone know which way that should switch? cheers

Clown Car
As said all 182's had cruise control/speedlimiter, The main on/off switch for the cruise control/speedlimiter is on the dash to the right of the steering column, when the top or the bottom of the switch is pressed in it should stay in that position and not flip itself back to the centre position, if that happens then the switch is faulty(common problem), if that switch is working ok, then the brake light switch could be out of adjustment or faulty.