ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cruise Control Switch

Clio 182 FF
I've noticed that sometimes my cruise control switch won't turn on. It's the rocker switch down on the panel by the ESP button. Sometimes it works fine, but sometimes when you press it on it just bounces straight back to the central position.
If I press and hold the button in, cruise control works fine. But let go of the button and it switches off.
Sometimes though it's fine - press the button and it stays in and cruise works.

So assuming it's just the switch, how does the switch panel come out? And where do I buy a replacement switch?

Racing Blue 182 Cup
To remove the switch panel just pull it from the bottom with your finger tips (no need for a flatblade screwdriver). All the switches come out with it in one. Whilst the panel is out I would give all the connectors a spray with contact cleaner. As for the switch best go to Renault. Whist doing this I would also spray the cruise control pedal switch connectors a spray with contact cleaner and the pins with some silicone grease.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
The switch has an internal latch which holds it in the required position. You can replace the switch if you like with a new one from Renault but I would personally just pull the switch to bits, bend the flat spring slightly and then rebuild it.... works everytime!