ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cruise Control + ESP/SERV light

Black Ph2 172
Hi all,

My Clio has a rather annoying problem. When driving sometimes my Cruise Control just stops working (it says set speed but it won’t let me) and on other occasions the ESP light and SERV lights come one and I can’t get rid of them (even when pressing the ESP button).

Has anybody else had this problem and/or know how to fix it?

Many thanks in advance,

Andy

R26 230
I am having this at minute! esp and service light comes on which can be solved by turning on/off engine but now my cruise control doesn't work won't even get to set speed bit, however the speed restrictor works! Gonna get it into Renault will let you know.

ff 182
mines at renault at the moment engine management light is on service light and esp, and it keeps goin into limp mode.

Golf GTD Mk7
my cruise used to do this, not done if for ages though. just put it down to being renault. It used to cut out while driving.

Black Ph2 172
I am having this at minute! esp and service light comes on which can be solved by turning on/off engine but now my cruise control doesn't work won't even get to set speed bit, however the speed restrictor works! Gonna get it into Renault will let you know.

What did Renault say??

R26 230
Not been able to get my car into the garage until recently, however I have had the brake pedal switch and esp switch replaced and now everything is sorted!

Honda ATR
Try adjusting the brake pedal position switch. Its located behind the pedal. if you adjust the white part of the switch. when you pull/push it you will notice its on a rachet. adjust it so that your brake lights come on when you press the pedal but dont make it to sensetive as this can make the problem worse.

hope this helps

Clio 172
cvould be the rear abs sensor on thr drivers side. Thats whats wrong with mine but my lights stay on all the time so maybe not

Titanium 182
Try adjusting the brake pedal position switch. Its located behind the pedal. if you adjust the white part of the switch. when you pull/push it you will notice its on a rachet. adjust it so that your brake lights come on when you press the pedal but dont make it to sensetive as this can make the problem worse.

hope this helps

It's this. Take the switch out (just twist and it unclips, same to put it back)

Push the sensor all the way in so it clicks a few times then pull it out 2 or 3 clicks. Put it back.

Should be fine then.

R26
Had the same problem after adjusting the brake switch after fitting new discs and pads, turns out I had knocked the clutch sensor in the process

Just to add; when you put the switch back in make sure you ease the clutch/brake pedal down. Took me an hour to realise that after adjusting it, because I wasn't easing the pedal it was just knocking the switch down to the minimum setting every time and ruining all the adjustment.

Will be fine after as Aluco says!

M3 SMG
I had this issue, wiggle the wire under the passenger seat, it cured mine touch wood.

I just put it down to being a French car lol

Renaultsport Clio 172
I had this, was the brake contactor which was broken, brake lights worked but the ESP/Serv light came constantly on on motorways and the CC was out of order, new contactor cured the problem.