ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Creaky sunroof modification

Took my clio expression into renault dealer today because of a sunroof that creaks when driving the car (stops when you open it). dealer told me there is a modification out for this,a soundproofing gasket and longer screws but as usual it had to be ordered. this is a known fault and is covered under the warrenty mine goes in next week to be done. i know some clio owners on here have the same problem. so get on to renault about it.

ps this is for manual sunroofs.

Golf GTI MKV

mine went to the dealer for the old sunroof rattle
their modification worked a treat ..... for a few weeks anyhow
it now rattles like a good un again !!!
was ok in the summer but its too cold to leave it open these days :(

yeah i had them probs, i went for 3 modifications all together and it still rattles! i tighten up the bolts where the handle is now and then and that stops it! i asked why they didnt put loc-tite on them and they didnt know!

Ph-Sold!

Oh great, mines booked in to the dealer next monday to have this done too, not had anything else done by them yet so fingers crossed it wont be to the usual renault standard!

Also my 1.2 is sounding quite agricultural (for a petrol engine), anyone got any ideas? Just seems quite noisey at idle! Was hopefully gonna get them to look at this at the same time, but might get better results if I can give them some idea where to start.

Tim

BMW Z4 2.5si Sport

my sunroof rattles... but only seems to do it when actually open.... Ya recon the same thing would sort it?? (03 Dynamique)

tim, my 1.2 was sounding a bit like a deisel engine too! it was also a bit lumpy in 1st and 2nd gears. i took it in and their is a mod on some 1.2s only to re-program ignition timing. dont know if it works yet because it was meant to go in today, and i forgot!.... oops!

E36 323i coupe

Dont talk to me about the f**king sunroof! Three times its been "repaired": first time, they replaced the seal; second time, they replaced the handle; third time they replaced the screws and something else... cant wait to not have a sunroof. Only time it doesnt rattle is on really hot sunny days when I take the bloody thing out.

I thought it was just manual sunroofs, but my mate has a 1.4 with the electric roof, and that has started rattling too!

Hey...mine rattled too on my last new Clio, so it went in three times to have various bits replaced but I gave up in the end and turned the music up louder!! When I bought a new one in April, I insisted on an electric sunroof, but could of sworn I heard a sneaky creak out of it last week!!!!! DOH!!!!!!!!

E36 323i coupe

I thought maybe it was the bass that was making it rattle in mine... but there are that many people complaining about rattling sunroofs that I am sure it wasnt that at all.

Mine rattles when open, but luckily i have climate so it doesnt have to be opened at all..ill ask about the modification when it goes in for its service shortly.

Cheers

-Rob

my dads new clio has also started rattling. He phoned Renault a couple of days ago, and they told him its a common problem and there is a mod for it. However, they also said the new mod only stops the rattle for a couple of weeks so they are developing a new one. They said they would phone him when the new mod was available.

HTH