ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crashed, then been inspected?

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
Following on from a post on here a few mins ago, and mentioned on other forums regarding declaring mods / making insurance invalid.

Has anyone on here crashed / been crashed into and had an inspector from the insurer come out and look at the car? Or maked a claim to an insurance company then it been rejected because of undeclared mods?

I think you should always make the insurer aware of any, as if you car gets nicked you may get a few pennies extra (from some companies at least).

But I don’t know of anyone who has had someone look at a car apart from the repairer.

Anyone?

Miller

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
hi mate i am an estimator and deal with engineers on a daily basis 3 direct line repairs have been thrown out in the last 5 months.

they are chuffed to bits when they see non standard alloys on a car!.
one young guy had a honda civic 2 struts braces lower brace,alloys massive induction kit and full exhaust o how the engineer laughed!