ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crank pulley

Clio 172
OK when I removed my crank pulley for some reason it had a woodrough key like the megans. Anybody else seen this as I know they aren't supposed to have one.

I damaged pulley and key removing it so replacing them, just wanted some advice. Should I put another key back in or leave without?

Thanks gaz

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
The meg pulley is what I fitted to my ph1 after it having cam's.

I know the meg pulley is an up grade for boosted engine car's.

Clio 172
Thanks for your reply. I won't be forcing any induction any time soon, haha. Just one of them things, it doesn't feel right replacing it with a different (down grade) item, but yet it's the rite part for the engine.

Are the cranks different on the megans?

172 cup, Impreza P1
They are an upgrade but they also mean you can do the belt rotation step during the cambelt change. This makes equalising the tension more difficult which can negate the gains of upgraded cams if the timing is slightly out.

Clio 172
They are an upgrade but they also mean you can do the belt rotation step during the cambelt change. This makes equalising the tension more difficult which can negate the gains of upgraded cams if the timing is slightly out.

Cheers mate thank you.

Exactly what I said @theburns1

Yeah, cheers dude, just about to order so thought I'd clear all doubts

Ruff,Ruff.

Always one nob head haha, genuinely thought it was spelt rough. I only fit these at work lol.

172 cup, Impreza P1
They are an upgrade but they also mean you can't do the belt rotation step during the cambelt change. This makes equalising the tension more difficult which can negate the gains of upgraded cams if the timing is slightly out.

That should have read 'can't' for the belt rotation but I hope everyone got that anyway!