ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crank pulley - auxilary belt

1.2 Clio
Ok,

Can you swap a crank pulley for a different one (different number of ribs). Or are they not just a bolt on job and are different fitments?
Basically I have poverty model 1.2 and it's only got a 3 rib belt (for just the alt). Now I know there's larger sizes out there (6rib maybe?)

Can I just pull off the 3 rib crank pulley and swap it for a 5-6 rib one?
Does anyone have any pictures or even a pulley to hand?

Thanks

1.2 Clio
I have myself a new alt here waiting to go on (210a ;) ).
It's a 7 rib jobbie. I know i could remove this pulley and put the 3 rib on. However if I did this i guess i'll get major slippage when I start drawing some decent current. So I thought it would be more practical to change the crank pulley.

What you think? I've already starting knocking up the custom bracketry just need to sort out the belt tensioning and pulleys.

1.2 Clio
Lol, well it's all well and good but will the bloody pulley fit? I've taken a look and it looks to be held on just by a single nut, are the others like this?
Anyone got a pic of a 1*2/1.6/1.4 pulley pretty please?

You'd be surprised just how much effort has gone on the front end too, so yeah any music, even as s**t as Sinatra can sound good!

Lionel Richie
1.2 crank pulley has a keyway, so you'd have to moddify say a 172 pulley to fit, bit of machining and it should work

1.2 Clio
Sounds good. I have a feeling they may be different internal diameters (the flanged side), would you know?

I'll go raid a scrappy, see if I can get a few different ones together and compare.
Thanks for your help

1.2 Clio
Digging this old one up as I have more info - Yes I am that bloody slow at getting round to things :rasp:

I came to put a k4m pulley on the other day, keyway was about to be machined then I noticed that the pulley on the k4m is a bigger diameter (the crank hole not the outside dia.)
The d7f pulley is 20mm + keyway, the k4m is 26mm.

IMG_20130407_124105_zpsd5a242b6.jpg

So back to the drawing board, I think the d4ft (newer 1.2 turbo jobbies) have a pulley similar to mine. It's got a keyway already. If anyone has a pulley off sometime, can you pretty please measure it?