ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cracked sump

Alien Green 200
One thing after another with this car now.

Ok, the back Story. Had my new engine fitted about a month ago, all fine, started driving back from work last night changed up to 5th onto a dual carriageway revs dropped a lot quicker than normal, pulled straight off, got a loud tapping from top end, killed it and coasted to a stop, checked oil level and there was only a tiny bit on the end of the dipstick. Bought some oil from nearby garage chucked it in and started dripping out the bottom.

Got it recovered and left overnight, oil level was full this morning, fired it up and the top end is tapping like a b**ch, got under it and noticedthe sump has a hairline crack aabout an inch long on the front side. What a b*****d.

How much of a job is it to get the sump off? Bolts and s**t all over the place down there.

Alien Green 200
Awesome. Well ill get the crack fixed then see about the rattle. Good job I've got a spare car.

330i. E30 Touring.
Sump is the least of your worries. That sounds like your engines toast.

This IMO.

Likely to have done some damage if pressure has dropped and it's been let to run for any length of time.

'Top end rattle' is likely to be bottom end

Alien Green 200
Fantastic, I've got a video of it earlier I'll upload.

Oil warning light never came on though :/ from when it started knocking it was run for about I don't know 10secs, was dead quiet then got suddenly loud, killed it soon as it got loud. Think the damage has been done tho. Might have to get rid don't have the money to throw at it tbh after spending 1k getting the engine fitted.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
FFS Deany, what are you doing to em!?! That's deffo ballsed now.

Alien Green 200
Yeh that's f**ked.

Wait, that wasn't my old engine was it?!

Yeah it was pal, had an inch long hairline crack in the front of the sump :( went like f**k though.

FFS Deany, what are you doing to em!?! That's deffo ballsed now.

I know pal :(

I am putting it up for sale tonight, £1000 takes it, need rid cos I'm moving house.

Alien Green 200
Was gutted, but when I move in just gonna go buy something silly and turbo'd, every cloud.