ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cquartz finest

Abarth 500
The product is awesome, as demonstrated by Russ' images of it. I don't think you are expecting too much from it either. There has been a fault hence your disappointment - it can happen occasionally. As Russ has posted though and will sort it out for you, I can assure you that Finest at 100% is an epic coating :)

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry for the delayed reply. If the coating has failed ill come down to you and reapply for you free of charge. This is very unusual and not an issue I've seen before. As said it looks like tree sap possibly? Either way ill sort it for you.

Regarding stone chips, sanding will certainly remove the coating so it will need to be reapplied over the area. Ill send you some for this.

Thanks,
Russ.

I really do love good customer service!

out of interest how can a failed coating be diagnosed? Is it purely if it doesn't bead / sheet as well as the photos and videos show?

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Ok brilliant. No need to apologise mate these things happen. As long as its sorted I'm happy :)

Megane R26
Also if it is the coating then ill send you a bottle of Reload down to keep it protected until we can get down to you, but it will be a priority. Are the vertical panels behaving in the same way? That way we can identify if its the coating/bottle or an application issue.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
The doors seem to hold onto the water and has the same sort of effect as the roof only less water (if that makes sense?)

Megane R26
Very odd indeed. If you could email me some pics after washing I'd appreciate it and we'll go from there. As stated by others please don't let this put you 'off' Finest in any way as it really is a superb product which is why we use it and back it. We'll get this sorted for you.

Megane R26
I'm really not a Gold Class fan to be honest. I'd use something like GTechniq G-Wash or Auto Finesse Lather which are free of any 'waxes' or 'gloss enhancers' which can form a top layer of 'protection' over whatever you have on your car. GC is quite aggressive as is Magifoam but neither should put a dent into Finests protection.

In fact if you recall the few droplets that we saw fall on to the car in the unit were beading perfectly so something very strange has happened here.

Take the superb maintenance advice offered in the first page and we'll go from there.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Yes I remember, which is making me question myself lol. Am I being too picky?

i don't have access to any of those shampoos ATM so should I just resort to fairy liquid?

Megane R26
Let me speak to Avi and Andy from CarPro tomorrow for you and see what they suggest we try next. A Fairy 'strip' should help but let me see what they can suggest too please before proceeding.

This section does redeem itself sometimes with the likes of Magic, Chris, Jim and especially Russ.

Another reason I'd not hesitate in letting Russ be one of very few pros to touch my car. Oh er.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Well I only started this as I was a little disappointed with the beading of water on my car and all its done is prove how good car pro and russ are with regards to customer service. Seriously top notch so far and I wouldn't hesitate twice in recommending either of them to anyone.

just as a bit of advice to anyone else with a cquartz coating. Stay away from gloss enhancing or conditioning shampoos.

thanks for everyone's help, when I've washed the car with the correct method ill get some more pictures up, hopefully showing how brilliant this product is :)

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Well I only started this as I was a little disappointed with the beading of water on my car and all its done is prove how good car pro and russ are with regards to customer service. Seriously top notch so far and I wouldn't hesitate twice in recommending either of them to anyone.

just as a bit of advice to anyone else with a cquartz coating. Stay away from gloss enhancing or conditioning shampoos.

thanks for everyone's help, when I've washed the car with the correct method ill get some more pictures up, hopefully showing how brilliant this product is :)

Im all stocked with AF Lather, and a cheeky bottle of fairy liquid for the end of month wash!

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I should hope so! I tend to go a bit overboard with my shampoo lol. Gonna have to start being a bit more liberal with it from now on

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Considering russ and andy from car pro's opinion on the this is the shampoo is causing the issue I'm happy enough to wait a few days to get the correct shampoo before washing it. If it turns out its not the shampoo causing the issue then I will find out during the week and I'm sure russ or andy will be more than happy to help me out with a solution.

Quick question for some of the members with more experience of finest - can things like iron x and autosmart tardis be used on the bodywork?

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Considering russ and andy from car pro's opinion on the this is the shampoo is causing the issue I'm happy enough to wait a few days to get the correct shampoo before washing it. If it turns out its not the shampoo causing the issue then I will find out during the week and I'm sure russ or andy will be more than happy to help me out with a solution.

Quick question for some of the members with more experience of finest - can things like iron x and autosmart tardis be used on the bodywork?

I asked Chris this when i picked my car up.

Iron X yes, every once in a while, dont leave on too long though.
Tar remover is a bit stronger, Chris recomended putting it on a Microfibre and dabbing it off rather than coating a panel

Edit: Cant remember what he said about clay though. I think he said its alright, but don't hold me to that, can anyone confirm?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah they can withstand some serious chemicals but i'd avoid the tar remover for a while. To be fair you would never remove the coating but the properties might change then you'll be using reload to keep up the characteristics which is normal.

When I had proper C1 on the Frp the paint still felt smooth when I sold it and that was nearly 1 year. Andy and Russ will tell you better.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Well the reason I asked gally is because when I wash it next I want to put a coat if reload on it so I didn't want to put reload on top of iron fall out or tar spots :) I've no doubt the car is still immaculate under the dirt lol just being over cautious I suppose

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Also FYI, it rained on my car yesterday, it's only been CQuartz'd a few days ago mind.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368356636.922488.jpg
mugysajy.jpg

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Well I've washed it. Used citrus power on the lower half of the car, snowfoamed with autobrite magifoam, iron x the lower half of the car, 2bm wash with fairy liquid.

It still wasn't really as good as I expected tbh.

i applied reload though and it now does what I expected it to do...

image_zps989dfa15.jpg

image_zps063f1f42.jpg

image_zpse39b89f7.jpg

What's the best dilution ratio for reload btw? I used way too much for this application.

​such an awesome easy to use product though!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I'm still to try reload, and however much an improvement I was expecting to see it a little tighter and uniform from a fresh application..

at least the decon wash helped with the coating a little

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
I'd still be disappointed personally, iirc you paid £100 on top of the detail for finest? It's alot of money for something that initially not working correctly / as desired.

Seems disappointing for such a highly rated product!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'd still be disappointed personally, iirc you paid £100 on top of the detail for finest? It's alot of money for something that initially not working correctly / as desired.

Seems disappointing for such a highly rated product!

You forget it may have been Jaff's fault. It's also the best ceramic sealant on the market.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I know it's not the only sign but I'm just going off what I've seen online. Hence I'm not making a massive fuss about it as I'm well aware it's probably my fault it's not beading as it should.

​Im happy now it has reload on it. It now has the effect I expected. But my hands are tied really with what to do anyway

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Can anyone tell me if magifoam and lather to wash the car will have a detrimental effect on the coating?

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Well I use magifoam as a bit of extra lube with lather so if magifoam is safe to use then there must be something wrong with the coating, or I'm doing something wrong