ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cosmic Grey Civic Type R

M135i
Nice car and great colour!

I've actually been driving my brother's supercharged one around recently and although there are things about it I dislike, I must admit they are pretty fantastic cars to own and live with.

Bearing in mind that its been approximately 10 years since they were first launched, they've stood the test of time brilliantly well. Just the integrity of the engineering is what does it for me.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
You bought the milano red one off the type r forum? Looked nice and well priced too :)

Bloody hell yeah! Good detective work, was cheap and local. Prefacelift milano one. Fast road geometry set up coming up.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
For me I'd say yes. Because most of my miles are done on the motorway the Clio was a bit tiring. The Clio handled more go kart like - the CTR does understeer a bit compared to the Cup, but hopefully sorted by the geo setup with adjustable camber arms (£295). VTEC is hugely addictive which sees my petrol needle drop quicker than Michael Barrymore's underpants at a pool party. So much comfier. No faster than my 172 Cup but the way the VTEC kicks in makes up for it. Easier to get more power out of it though.
Not a proper 'upgrade' as such, but definitely a better car in terms of everyday for non B roads. Parts aren't as readily available on the forum either but no big deal.
Oh and just for you, after owning ph1's and a ph2 Cup - for everyday driving (I've never tracked my cars), the ph1 is a much better built car than a ph2 in my experience. If/when I come back to 1*2s then it's a ph1 100%.

172 cup, Impreza P1
Used to have a cosmic grey ctr, kept it for only a few months and sold it to buy an Impreza P1.

Liked it but never loved it like I do the clio. Had mine for 9 years from new and its a keeper!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I think standard colour looks best on Cosmic, especially freshly refurbed. Here's mine!

55f5fc96.jpg

78047cb3.jpg

I thought the facelifts had a darker silver finish to them?

honda_civic_ep3_type_r_final_edition_005.jpg

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
I just said refurb them in the brightest silver you have. Hyper Silver I think.

Fresh, stock Silver wheels on any car is win. Anything else is try hard!

Well I have booked the civic into have its wheels done, so I better get my calipers done before hand, I was going to just go with the standered red but had a change of mind and went with purple,

7955159878_f9686a1fda_c.png

Purple! by apicken21, on Flickr

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
I've just got the Fast road set up with Eibach springs, camber bolts and adjustable DEM rear arms on mine. Seriously GET IT. Make's the car's handling a million times better - more like the Clio's go kartiness.

DB.

BMW 440i
I just said refurb them in the brightest silver you have. Hyper Silver I think.

Fresh, stock Silver wheels on any car is win. Anything else is try hard!

Definitely the right thing to do. Nothing better than fresh bright silver alloys.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I've just got the Fast road set up with Eibach springs, camber bolts and adjustable DEM rear arms on mine. Seriously GET IT. Make's the car's handling a million times better - more like the Clio's go kartiness.

Where did you end up going mate?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Where did you end up going mate?

you know where pal! haha. Went in for a clutch and was gonna get the FRSU done on the 21st but CBA taking another day off work so got the clutch, stiffer engine mounts and the FRSU done on the 4th. The guy knows his stuff, TEXTBOOK.

Grinspeed in Leyland - highly recommended.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Excellent mate, they will be doing a few bits to mine in the coming weeks. Did he look after you on price ;)

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Excellent mate, they will be doing a few bits to mine in the coming weeks. Did he look after you on price ;)

He was cheapest I could find for the clutch and he's only 10 mins from my mums. The FRSU was a CTRO forum special offer @ £245 all in. £30 for the engine mounts and free fitting as the clutch was being done. Car feels more like a proper hot hatch now as it just felt very light/unsure on bends before and was a biatch to change gear at 8k in VTEC sometimes! The engine mounts have stopped the feeling of the gearstick jumping out at high rev changes too and much tighter up front. JDM rear ARB next.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Wheels look good mate!
The FRSU and springs are next on my list. Not sure where to go yet, might just go to ABP though.

'Mia' Rover Mini 35
Are your callipers pink? lol.

I think this shape civic just looks abit, OAP. I don't know why, prefer the older shape and the newer shape?

Swift Sport
I've still got mine after several months of car shopping to replace it, the trouble is it's hard to find something better for the money that is built like a Honda. Sure, a Clio is more 'fun' but the Civic just feels like a nicer car to own.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I really really want one of these. Exactly like that.

Or a DC2.

I'm off to browse the web....

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I don't understand the caliper colour. Is it a private joke?

Nice machine though.

TTRS & V50
Looks cracking AND. However I would have gone for RED callipers if I was doing it. That said, it's probably a private joke as Gally said..fingers crossed.

\
I really really want one of these. Exactly like that.

I'm off to browse the web....

EP3 Type-R's are dirt cheap at the moment. So much car for the money, IMO.

Last edited: