ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cosmic Grey Civic Type R

After selling my beloved Monaco Blue 172 (to a lad in france!), After a bit of a wait, I have replaced it with a Cosmic Grey Civic Type R.

From my old monaco blue 172

5309740752_6d356bc430_z.jpg

To the (new) Civic Type R

6999295312_bc768911b0_z.png

No big plans, just clean it up, remove the tinned windows and make mint.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I thought dolphin grey was an audi colour.??? dont know.

Lovely EP3 by the way.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Based on looks alone the Clio wins hands down IMO. Would love to drive one tbh.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
I really want to remove the window tints, but dont want to leave all the glue behind, any advice?

IS yours a premier? (Recaros?)

If so, im 99% sure the tints arent actually tints, but its dipped glass, so you cant remove the tint?

TTRS & V50
The tints are an option from factory so it doesn't have to be a prem, but unfortunately they are dipped, something I specifically made sure I didn't get !!

You can swap them for non tinted glass, but bit of a mission.

Oh nice colour BTW :)

I am wanting my wheels done, but not sure what colour, I quite like the idea of gloss black with purple calipers? What do you think? Or have ideas?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Looking at these myself. What's the insurance and MPG like compared to the Clio?

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
For me, its more To insure, worse on fuel, not that I have an MPG Computer (or any toys for that matter ;)) in the CTR!

I wouldnt swap mine for an RS, no chance in hell, I genuinely think its a better car.

BUT it IS a sideways step as opposed to an upgrade IMO. Theres nothing in the speed regardless of what people on either forum say, although I think the CTR does edge the Top speed?

Also, the spec list is shocking in comparison to a full Fat Clio, you dont realise how much kit you get in a Clio for the money!

To me, IF you're buying an EP3, you're buying an Engine and a Gear Box, thats it. Simple as that, The K20 with the Box to me is one of the best engines in a road car, esp at this price, but then again Im sure there are those who hate the fact it doesnt come aline till around 6k!

Seating Position (at least in my Premier with Recaros) is alot better than in the Clio, Someone will be along to mention toe poor steering feel in a CTR but I dont actually know what they mean.

I'd say the Clio is a more "fun" car.

If I had a late, mint 182 Full Fat, I dont think I'd switch to a CTR (even a Premier) But I GENUINELY think its a better car than the Clio.

Although for what you can pick up a Clio for these days, they are unbeatable Value for money! A late, mint, low mileage 182 is cheaper than a late, mint, low mileage CTR.

Last edited:

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Just checked on confused.com and the insurance is the same for me (think the Cups are more to insure than other 1*2's cos of no ABS).

It must be a better drive on the motorway though? Clio doesn't feel at home on the motorway anymore to me. Must be getting old.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Just checked on confused.com and the insurance is the same for me (think the Cups are more to insure than other 1*2's cos of no ABS).

It must be a better drive on the motorway though? Clio doesn't feel at home on the motorway anymore to me. Must be getting old.

May be a bit better on the motorway, everyone I know who has no idea about cars prefers CTR, "as a car" to my Clio.

Thing that dissapoints me most about the CTR is the spec. Mines a Late Premier (So top spec, but no fogs), and it has about the same spec as a Cup. Compare that to the 51 plate Full Fat 172, with Climate, Leather, Xenons, Trip Computer etc etc..

But V-Tec + Filter is a worth it IMO :)

TTRS & V50
Go standard colour And. Mine are in desperate need of a refurb and I'll definitely be going OEM.

Danith, MPG is surprisingly good to be honest, I was expecting far worse.

Kpowell911 has summed everything else up perfectly tbh in #35.

The only thing I miss from the Clio is Xenons and auto lights, that's it. Trip I do on my phone, Climate was s**t, Auto wipers were s**t, Leather was s**t, Fogs - who cares (although some CTR's do have them).

04 Monaco Blue 172
im buying one soon, fed up of the clio lol

too small a car and not really loving it as a car.

type rs look just as nice and i think will suit me better

im after a cosmic grey too, awesome colour

lovely motor mate