ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cooling probs

An update and reminder for those of you that know me, or a useful bit of info for anyone that has a valver with high temp probs.

As I was sat in the traffic getting into trax 03, I had a sudden case of de ja vu. my temp gauge is roceting and me bonnet starts to simmer, and Im wondering if Ill need to use the 2L coke bottles full of water in my back seat. (At weston Wheels 03 it blew the pressure valve, pissed water everywhere but luckly that was the only damage)

Me thinks something is not right here!

So when I got home and got my arse in gear I called up BB performance tuning, ordered a low temp therm, low temp fan swith and 5L of Type D coolent (illuminous green thick stuff) at a very low price (£15 for each of the switches and 25-30 for the coolent) It arrived the next day so Me and the boyf set to work. After lots of sweaing trying to get the rad out (we wanted to give it a good blasting) and lots of heavy descaler, we flushed out stuff that looked like rice. then we fitted all the parts and HEY PRESTO!! my temp is running at a THIRD that it was, with oil temp rediced aswell.

On another note, I am looking at getting a power boost valve? Its already been chipped at Hill Power, but I would like to know if any of you have got one fitted to their Valver as Im intrested in bhp and torque gains. Cheers!!!

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

I ve had a pbv fitted and set up on a rolling road. With a decat and cat back exhust it gave around a 2-3 bhp increase at the wheels and torque was all better thorughout the rev range.

Well with the rad I did think it was taking the piss abit when bonnet and bumper are sat at the other end of the garage!!

Its abit like the design of where they stuck the oil filter..........!!!

I get de cat and zorst, I would like to get it on the rolling road in the next few months, the guy who had my car before done a power run and it was at 142 befre the chip so hopefully it should be around 150.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

you would only benefit from a boost valve if it is tuned after fitting and the valve adjusted.the fitting instructions say they need adjusting once fitted as well.

my car is cammened chiped decat full system air filter with cold airbox pbv magnecor leads with 70 k and its got 151 bhp atf hope this helps and if you want a pbv pm me i sell them bondy

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

i wouldnt have thought so because your cooling fan shouldnt be needed whilst driving if your cooling systems ok(even a low temp one). so it shouldnt affect the normal running temp of the engine so in turn wont lower the heater matrix temp either.

Na the heating is just the same, if it you do have a problem it may be because the tubes behind are clogged up, thats why i had the heater switch on hot so they opened up when I flushed the water system and got all the muck out of them.

If I get a PBV then I will take it to rolling road.

common fault on Rens are the rads and cooling systems are crap! I have had 3 clios and numerous other Rens and they all have had Rad failure!......Doesnt happen on the other cars I get.