ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cooling Fans Not Clicking On

1995 Renault Clio 1.8 16v
hi there, been out in my car today, in heavy traffic, and cooling fans didnt come on... they used to fine! the temp just kept climbing as no fans came on! the engine runs extremely cool on the move, so naturally was a bit worried when the temp climbed! anyone know why they wouldnt click on?? cheers

V

valver pete

Either a fuse or a new temp sensor, neither is expensive. On the move its cooled naturally by the moving air.

Could be fuse, poor wiring, fan switch or the fan itself might be damaged.

My fan in my old Williams 3 kept blowing fuses.. so I had it changed.
The fan in my Williams 2 didn't work either at one point, but that was a poor connection on the wiring.

Quite a common problem these fans not working, heh.

If it gets hot again, turn ya heaters on full and blast hot air out.. definetly helps as long as your heaters work fine!

Where did the guage get up to? Was it really high?

1995 Renault Clio 1.8 16v
yeah, guage got very high, heaters work hot when temp gets about quarter or just over quarter up the guage, but apparently it has a cool running thermostat, and the temp hardly lifts to be honest, at first i thought it was a faulty guage, but it does move when it wants, lol. and the heaters are hotter when it goes up a bit, so it would tie in.
im thinking on having a manual switch put in for the fans, i hate that an engine HAS to get hot before its kept cool sort of thing, would rather i could cool it down as i please, or even keep it from warming up!
Changing springs to standard and putting wider tyres on, hoping it will make me like driving it as much as i like looking at it now! been a bit bumpy for a while!