ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coolant sensor problems causing issues

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Hope someone can clarify this for me.

When my cars engine speed increases, my temperature gauge drops, the car runs with the cold start limiter on for quite a long period of time and absolutely stinks of fuel.

Could it be that my car is thinking its running cooler than it actually is and the ecu is over compensating and shooving huge ammounts of fuel in? The car is clearly overfueling and the fumes are entering into the cabin

While as your driving the air will hit the rad and will cool it , but it shouldnt make a obvious note on your gauge , How long is a long period ? and they all stink of fuel at the start as the first map is programmed to over fuel !! but they shouldnt enter the cabin , take it a garage and have checked out , get it on emissons tester see if when its warm the map changes over !!

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Its doing it all the time, its just the cold start limiter thats staying on for around 20-30 mins

Titanium 182
does it do it if you just sit not moving on idle ? i had this problem and just had to wiggle the wiring been fine since

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I would say check the thermostat is actually there and that its working correctly to... When they leak tho can happen.

Mick