ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coolant Leak /w pic

Renault Clio MK2,Ph2
Hey Guys,

I noticed this morning that my car had been leaking coolant all over my drive, not cool. Finally got around to opening it up and it seems to be weeping from one of the coolant pipes, where it connects into the cylinder block.
BleedNipple.jpg

This picture was used on another guide but it shows exactly where the problem is, where the arrow is pointing to the bleed screw to the left of that it connects into the engine, coolant is leaking from around where it connects, am I right in thinking its a busted seal or something? I'm not too good on all the lingo so what do you think needs doing?

Cheers guys!!

Last edited:
  53 Clio's & counting
i will imagine there is a rubber o-ring between which will be leaking but also remember mate that thats a plastic housing on a metal head, so i would imagine the plastic housing has warped and you might need a new one

53 Clio's & counting
persoanally id replace it, but if the guys say it will be ok then it should be ok :)

Id drain the cooling system, dry it right off, silicooooon and new o ring

Renault Clio MK2,Ph2
Okay, sounds good, i'll let you know how it goes (Y) Thanks a lot for the advice everyone!! :-D