ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cooksports or sportlines

BG 182FF
First of to silence the forum police, yes iv used the search function, several times in fact.

there are snippets of info on both sets of springs but nothing much comparing the two..

obviously its preferable to hear from someone who's used both cooksports and sportlines and can actually compare both, however I'm just after what people with said springs think of them.

Iv heard great things about sportlines but ideally like to be slightly lower. Cooksports definately give the stance I'm after however I'm not prepared to compromise the handling of the car or any massive affect on ride comfort.

Please post up pictures comments etc as arguments for each

​luke.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
I have been running CookSports for near on a year now, mine were the first set. They are brilliant, provides me with far more confidence in the bends. The feel is brilliant and the ride is great too, hardly any stiffer than the standard cup springs. The stance is spot on and don't stuffer from any scraping or rubbing.

Along with cup shocks its the best handing combo for the clio without going to coilovers IMO!

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Ive gone from eibach's to cooksports
Lawro has discribed it perfectly

This has been covered a few times.

Cooksports. = Winner

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Think they'll be much difference using cooksport on non cups?
Hopefully still decent on ff models

You might as well replace the shocks with cup shocks as I expect they have had it if they haven't been replaced previously. For the sake of £150 a set its worth doing!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I haven't got the Clio anymore mate. But here you go

Sportlines- had them on a phase 1. Ride was fine, lowered a bit but not enough.
cooksports- had them on a ff 182. Ride was brilliant, lowered more than above.

When looking for springs I would say the second ones tick more boxes.

BG 182FF
Cheers mate, seems the general view that cooksports are better but I'd rather get the view of someone such as yourself who's experienced both.

iv got sportlines now unfitted as I'm gathering parts at the min but seems its gonna be worth selling them on and waiting the million years its inevitably gonna take to get my hands on cooksports

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Thing is mate I bought the sportlines because I wanted it too sit lower and didn't want to spend the cash on coilovers to get the drop. I had them on for a month before I opted for coilovers. The cooksports I bought ticked all the boxes and are still on the car (current owner on here)

BG 182FF
I had ktec coilovers on my old cup and IMO they ruined it.
​it was scary on a bumpy road, it didn't hold the road at all, rather than jump and bounce across it. really not good

I heard so much good stuff about sportlines with regards to improving the handling and ride comfort so I went straight for them.
Only recently have I thought maybe I wanna go lower and then looked into cooksports.

Wouldn't go coilovers again unless I went down the spax etc route to which I'm not really willing to pay.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Alot of people do use the sportlines mate and they are good. But if you want lower then cooksports

BG 182FF
You rang and spoke to josh?

no mate didn't even know you could, iv checked the thread on here and the webwebsite.

​if you have a contact no can you on me and ill call him for a time frame as I'm going back to Afghanistan on Tuesday for 4 months so atleast ill know how long I'm looking at waiting

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
I haven't got the Clio anymore mate. But here you go

Sportlines- had them on a phase 1. Ride was fine, lowered a bit but not enough.
cooksports- had them on a ff 182. Ride was brilliant, lowered more than above.

When looking for springs I would say the second ones tick more boxes.

Agreed.
I now have this car with the Cooksports and had Sportlines on my old ph2. Very similar when gunning it but as above when driving normally.

no mate didn't even know you could, iv checked the thread on here and the webwebsite.

​if you have a contact no can you on me and ill call him for a time frame as I'm going back to Afghanistan on Tuesday for 4 months so atleast ill know how long I'm looking at waiting

bit of a shitter having 2 go back like mate, one of other lads i know stayed over rather than coming home, keep ya head down while ya back over the s**t hole and hurry up back cos i want 2 see pics of the new frenchy on FB

BG 182FF
Haha defo wouldn't fancy staying there like haha. Iv got plenty if s**t for it the majority of which is plastered across my Instagram. Just gotta look out for the cooksports to come available now and hopefully not change my mind on too much else :0

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Keeping an eye on this as I'm in the same boat. Currently opting for the cooksports but getting fed up of waiting tbh.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
How long you been waiting now?

im in no rush so I'm prepared to wait and ill sell my sportlines

I've been hoping for an update in the cooksport thread for a good few weeks now, it would appear that they've been out of stock since beginning of May which is quite a while.

Arctic 182
Sorry to hi jack the thread guys, just wondering if in your opinion the cook sports would be better than the Sportlines on a non sport?
Cheers.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
All cars react a bit different to dropping. My pals sits a bit lower then mine on sportlines (probs a fluke) lol mine sits nice at the back with the cooksports but i think my front suspension could do with a change so hopefully ill sit nicer once there changed