ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cooksport Springs+ Camber Bolts

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
I've had my Cooksport springs on for a couple of months now and since then I've noticed a small amount of uneven wear on the front tyres. The inside is wearing a little faster than the outside.

Couple of questions...

Is it necessary to correct the camber with Eibach camber bolts for the 25mm drop?

Will getting the tracking aligned rectify a little of the uneven wear even though the camber remains unchanged?

clio 172 phase 2
If you didnt do alignment after fitting the springs then thats where the un even wear is coming from . Toe is more than likley incorrect . Tracking should do the trick

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
Thought that might help. I've been meaning to do it but I've been very busy lately!

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
Before I do it though I want to fit the new top mount kits I have, just to be sure it's absolutely correct.

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
What camber are you running, and what toe are you running.

No idea on both. I'm going to get the tracking done tomorrow, and we'll see. I can actually see the toe in on the front wheels though, I imagine there will be some comedy numbers on this thread tomorrow.

As for camber, the only difference is the 25mm (ish) drop from the cooksports. I can tell it's got more negative camber compared to standard springs, but that's it.

Silver Phase 2 172
My gf had the same problem on her car a while back! We were sure it was the camber killing them as hers was running loads of negative and car seemed to drive ok so we presumed the toe was okay! Took it to a well known tracking company near us that set up a lot of motorsport cars including my own and turns out that it was the toe killing them cause thats all we adjusted and they are perfect now :)

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
Well the toe was way out as expected, but that's all done.

What's more concerning to me is the camber:

LEFT 1.46
RIGHT 2.21

That's bad right?

Alignment.jpg

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
Calculated the true effect of this.

The left wheel is 1 degree, and the right wheel is 1.77 degrees away from nominal. So the top outside edge of the left tyre is 5mm further inside than it should be. The top outside edge of the right tyre is 8.8mm further inside than it should be.

Significant? Should I get the camber bolts?

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
Can no one help? Are the following camber measurements a problem for handling and/or tyre wear?

LEFT -1.46
RIGHT -2.21

Edit: Clearly they are out of spec and I have bought camber bolts. But I just want to know if this is a "holy s**t get that done now!" or a "it can wait a couple of weeks/months".

Last edited:
  Silver Phase 2 172
I would probably suggest getting some camber bolts and getting it set up between 1-1.5 degrees negative camber if you want it set up for handling, only going on what I run on my Nissan pulsar track car mot sure if the same applies to clio's exactly but I would say you at least want them to be even!

​Sure someone can clear it up for sure tho!

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
I noticed a similar issue, although my CookSports have been fitted for well over 6 months now. I had alignment done pretty much straight afterwards and it was a lot better but still not perfect. I have Eibach camber bolts fitted now and it's near perfect!

182cup & 172 racecar
Can no one help? Are the following camber measurements a problem for handling and/or tyre wear?

LEFT -1.46
RIGHT -2.21

Edit: Clearly they are out of spec and I have bought camber bolts. But I just want to know if this is a "holy s**t get that done now!" or a "it can wait a couple of weeks/months".

​It's not the end of the world, but could do with being done.