ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

converting mp4 so I can put it on an iPad?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
I have a load of mp4 videos (before you ask it is of children's tv for my brothers son) that I want to put on a iPad.

How would I go about doing that? What do I need to convert it to so I can then put it into iTunes and sync?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
saying that I can import them to iTunes so i'll see if I can put them on an iPad...

thought I couldn't!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Download AcePlayer for free, or AVPlayerHD for a few £ and just keep them in whatever format they are in.

Mk2 Golf GTI
Only problem with that is that AirPlay still won't work if it's not an mp4. Hoping handbrake release an atv3 preset soon

If you download torrents as well, I would recommend VUZE as its a great torrent client, aswell as a converter for any apple device and it's so easy to use all you do is drop a file in to it and it asks you what device you want to put it on and it will convert it and put it automatically into iTunes, it also allows you to stream movies to Xbox, PS3 and many others over your home network

Bus w**ker
Yeah they should just import in to iTunes under 'Films'. For avi and the like I've been using handbrake so I could use the AV cable on my iPhone to watch them on TVs when I'm away. But I've just got AVPlayer HD for my iPad as it says it can do TV Out...so I just need my stupidly expensive Apple AV adapter to turn up now so I can test it.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah they should just import in to iTunes under 'Films'. For avi and the like I've been using handbrake so I could use the AV cable on my iPhone to watch them on TVs when I'm away. But I've just got AVPlayer HD for my iPad as it says it can do TV Out...so I just need my stupidly expensive Apple AV adapter to turn up now so I can test it.

Keep us updated!

Good god some of you are insane and use some proper freeware shite

Handbrake - convert to iPad format - drag into iTunes
For proper films/tv use handbrake to convert then drag into iFlicks which will auto-tag and add covers and then import into iTunes

I've just finished encoding 328 dvd's using this exact way :D