ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Connects2,stalk control

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
I have the tunerlist headunit in my 172 with the connects2 for my ipod.I bought 2nd hand off ebay the PC99-X12 so i can control the ipod from my stalk,is this the right kit for it?

Clio 182
PC99-x12 is an autoleads part- to fit these you need to take top of dash off to connect behind clock, if you pm Matt (MTAudio) he can sort you out with a connects2 adapter that's plug n play behind stereo, you'll also need a patch lead - subject to which brand of stereo you have

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Oh ok,so it is the right lead but i just have to take the dash off to connect it rather than get one off matt & just plug it in the back of the headunit & thats it?

Clio 182
Yeah, you will need the patch lead for your stereo also, they're a PC-99 part (eg PC99-son, is a sony patch lead)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
You need this one or similar CTARNIPOD as it connects via the cd changer and can be amended with the stalk controls. Just ensure it has the correct voltage as I bought the wrong one and had to get a voltage adapter to be able to charge the 4th gen Nano.

Clio 182
I totally never read your post properly, my bad, I presumed you were changing stereo and that's why you got a pc99 adapter, as Don said, you will need to get an iPod adapter from connects2, this works though factory radio and will adopt steering wheel controls automatically as the adapter is recognised as a cd changer

Clio 182
If iPod connection part no is CTARNIPOD.003, if aux (3.5mm jack) then you need CT29RN02, note that aux will not allow you to change track through steering control as it's only audio

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Right ok so the kit i have got is not what i need but i need the other one that you both have said about? & with this i cant change tracks with it or?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Right ok so the kit i have got is not what i need but i need the other one that you both have said about? & with this i cant change tracks with it or?
The one you have sounds like it is just audio...so you have no control over which track, just the volume.

The one I've said plugs into the standard ipod connection and uses it as if it is a usb device, this then means you can change track, and playlist (up to first 6) as it treats the IPod like a 6 disc cd changer. It keeps the standard radio and also the display. It won't tell you who is playing (just displays track 1, 2 or 3) but no info. If it has correct voltage, it will charge the IPod off the battery.

Hope that helps.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
The one you have sounds like it is just audio...so you have no control over which track, just the volume.

The one I've said plugs into the standard ipod connection and uses it as if it is a usb device, this then means you can change track, and playlist (up to first 6) as it treats the IPod like a 6 disc cd changer. It keeps the standard radio and also the display. It won't tell you who is playing (just displays track 1, 2 or 3) but no info. If it has correct voltage, it will charge the IPod off the battery.

Hope that helps.

But i can already change volume,i just want to be able to change tracks using the stalk thats all
As per above. The one you have is for sound only...almost like using your in car audio as an amplifier.

The one I'm talking about allows you to change track and also choose next playlist (assuming you have more than one playlist).