ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Confused with lightweight alloys

172 cup
Firstly sorry about the question but don't know what would be best.

Im looking for a lightweight wheel to be very similar looking as the 172 cup alloys. What I'm not sure about is size? I'm reading 15" but would the size effect the speedo / mileage? Also I see you can select the "off set". What would be recommended for this as there's a lot options? Any pros and cons?

If anyone can help it would be very appreciated. Looking for a track / road use.

WRX
The offset is often shown as ET. I would recommend between a 35 to 40. The lower, the number, the further the wheel will stick out, therefore fill the arch better. The difference in size is minimal so you will hardly notice the difference. Either a 195 or 205/50 15 tyre is ideal. Look at Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2s, reasonably similar design to the Cup Turinis. Link is to a site which will let you know the difference in the wheel/tyre combo:
http://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php

WRX
FB_IMG_1466237449328-1_zpsborr9txj.jpg

172 cup
How much difference is there with weight?

Is it worth while change?

How much would I be expecting to pay for a secondhand or new set?

Thanks for the reply!

A kilo or two a corner
Mostly for the benefit of cheaper tyres, but yes, there will be some improvement from the weight too.
£250-300 for team dynamics, belive they're a touch over 300 new.