ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cone Filter and Breather help????

Clio MK3
Hey folks the mrs bought me a relativly cheap cone filter and breather but have a couple of questions, the breather is incased in plastic but the ones i have seen all have flexi pipes, and the filter is just the cone with a few reducer rings im geussing there for the air feed but the stock air box has 2 feeds ? if u can give me a wee hand that would be magic thanks.

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
K, well that little breather is actually a fuel filter, so not much use up in the engine bay.
The larger filter is an air filter, and if you remove the standard airbox, you should be able to fit it in place of it.

I've only got 2.0 photos, but hopefully they'll give you an idea

Standard airbox
e71fd3db6e3f502577a83de463679412.jpg

With filter
b258748ed0f767cdf5cdba82dda67038.jpg

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
Depends where its plumbed in.
On the 2.0 it attaches to the pipes, not the airbox so you can keep that stock and replace the box with a cone

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
Just looked at your photos again, yea, shouldnt be a problem keeping the stock breather

Clio MK3
Managed to get it sorted but unsure weather to cut the cold air feed so it's blowing directly to the filter.

imagejpg1_zps27bc2338.jpg