ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Component speakers

Guys, I've just bough some Component speakers FLI COMP 6 (Flebay link)

Thinking i could fit the component speaker into the door pocket however not sure where is best to fit the tweeters, any one have any thoughts/recommendations/ideas?

(tweeters are 5 cm wide and about 2cm deep)

Cheers !

Clio 172 phase 1
Aren't the comp 6 17cm and the doors are only 13cm .... The 17's won't fit and you can't cut the door card because the speaker screws hold the door card to the door............ Also just mount them externally with the domes they come with on either the door card or the mirror base plate

Your right Ryanph1rs D'Oh !

Suggestions for a quick pluging and play set? (Basically one of the standards are dead) I have upgraded the Stereo to a kenwood kdc-92sd if that's any use? (Assuming either way i'll be rewiring the cables due to the stupid adapter? (No sub)

Clio 172 phase 1
You can use any 13 cm coaxial or component speaker if you cut the adaptor off and wire it to the speaker just strip the wire back and feed it though the little hole and twizzle it so it can't come off lol ( hard to describe ) choice of speaker is entirely up to you and budget depending I've got focal 130kr and a fully stripped rear so I opted for a better front set as there is no rears and there great... Buy speakers with a high rms and the widest frequency range I.e 55hz-33khz the lower the first number the better bass they'll give.... The Higer rms will mean a better power handling

Many.
I have some Kenwood Component's, I have the tweeter in place of the factory renault jobbie. Used the factory wiring but had to f**k about with the cross over, works well though :)

Now trying to find a receipt, might have to be a print out of my Card statement if not. Thanks Guys, not sure what am going to go with.

The Pioneers seem to have a few bad reviews so will take a look over the next few days. Suggestions are welcome though, Probably around 45 quid i'm thinking (I'm not after top notch sound just something that will keep me ticking alone but not sound so bad)

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
General consensus is that you should go for 16.5cm components - there's a few good guides on how to fit them in the doors. Do it, it'll be well worth the improvement in sound quality & depth.

Clio 172 phase 1
I wouldn't buy cheaper components as well as often ull find the sound quality and volume as good as old Nokia 3330 headphones when you start spending 100plus then they come into there own vibe black air series come in at around 70'inbeileve and there good ..... But as Tim said 6.5 inch are best however if you're not competent to know where's best for a tweeter I wouldn't go butchering you'r door cards just yet

Clio 172 phase 1
Also uve mis read what Tim said as the standard door is 13cm so not 0.5 to
to modify would need 3.5 cm outside diameter modified ...

I'm selling some Pioneer "Custom Fit" components (the ones for a Renault Clio).

13cm so a straight swap, Renault plugs on the woofer, Renault Clio fitting kit included for the tweeter.

Obviously sound quality won't be as good as similar priced 6.5"/16.5cm nor are they comparable to a £100 set of 13cm components (obvious really) but they're still a huge improvement over the standard items & they're about as easy to fit as it's going to get.

Pics & FS thread here: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...r-TS-130CI-Custom-Fit-Components-Renault-Clio