ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Competition clutch

Audi rs3/Clio 172cup
What cluthes are people using on competition cars?

The rally car is having a gearbox refresh, with a new diff, cw&p and flywheel. I just don’t know what clutch to use

Audi rs3/Clio 172cup
Yeah pretty much 190ish at the minute. Which will eventually rise to 220bhp at some point in the near future

Audi rs3/Clio 172cup
I’m not going to go with standard. Rallying is a lot more harsh than track. Loads of tight first and second gear parts where the clutch gets hammered.

Looking like a helix and cg paddle.

Brushwood69

ClioSport Club Member
Did you make your choice yet? My New standard clutch failed at the rally last weekend (along with my wheel issues) the clutch came apart and acted as a circular saw! Looking at Helix 4 paddle are there any other options?

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Standard Valeo in my rally car, no issues.
Also had a standard Valeo in the previous sprint and hillclimb car, again no issues.

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Yes mine has the Gripper lower cwp and plate diff.
It is currently with @bloke having the gearbox checked over and diff refitted after being back to Gripper to have the snapped output shaft replaced.

Audi rs3/Clio 172cup
Did you make your choice yet? My New standard clutch failed at the rally last weekend (along with my wheel issues) the clutch came apart and acted as a circular saw! Looking at Helix 4 paddle are there any other options?
No it’s either helix or cg. But not hearing good stuff about the cg clutches

Brushwood69

ClioSport Club Member
This is the set i'm going for, is this the same as you?
Helix Clutch Cover - Helix Cover Assembly Heavy Duty - 60-5116
Helix Clutch Release Bearing = Helix Release Bearing - 40-5109
Helix Clutch Plate - Helix 4 paddle Cerametallic Drive Plate (Sprung Hub) - 76-5117

Audi rs3/Clio 172cup
Yeah just looked at the part numbers. Everything seems the same. Where are you sourcing yours from? And how much?