ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coloured T-Cut - Any good?!

Monaco 172 (02)
Ive recently bought a Monaco 172 that has a few scratches to the front and rear bumpers that are a little more than surface you can feel them to touch and see them from a distance.

I have used colour Tcut in the past to hide scratches but you cant polish over that as the tcut comes off on the cloth.

So... is there anything / process that I can cover scratches and polish over?!

I really want to cover my scratches and polish it up.

Thanks!

Chocolate Bar™
coloured t-cut is gash, especially with that little shitty stick

normal t-cut is where its at ;)

120d M Sport
Temp solution would be some Meguairs Scratch-X for spot treatment and Auto Glym Super Resin Polish for masking all over swirling

Monaco 172 (02)
Would a clay bar and wax remove the swirling?!

I'm considering scracth X and touch up stick for the deeper scratches with
meguirs clay kit and clear coat liquid wax OR
The meguirs 3 stay application

Whats likely to reduce swirling and give a glossy finish?!

I dont have a machine! :(

Thanks!

Porsche Boxster987S
Would a clay bar and wax remove the swirling?! - No , the clay bar removes contaminants from the paint amd any other layers of polish applied previously making it fresh to work on. A wax is just a product you apply after your polishing stage to seal the polish in. A sealant can be used before waxing to for extra shine/protection

I'm considering scracth X and touch up stick for the deeper scratches with
meguirs clay kit and clear coat liquid wax OR
The meguirs 3 stay application- Not great tbh , try some autoglym super resin polish followed by extra gloss protection as this gives decent results BY HAND

Whats likely to reduce swirling and give a glossy finish?!- when the swirls have been removed , try a proper washing technique to void it again. Ie , no sponges - use a mitt , use 2 buckets , use a pressure washer with foam before washing to get rid of caked on dirt and a proper drying towel

I dont have a machine! :(

Thanks!