ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Colourcoding mk3 door handles

Clive the Clio no. 2
what you wanting door handles for?

to colour code aswell?

If.... you can find out how to remove the handles for me and how to refit them e.t.c how about you pay for postage and i will send you the handles FOC?

Something along the lines of colour coding... you'll have to wait and see ;)

Just trying to find out for you for definate but I believe you remove the door card and then theres screws behind that which hold the handle in place.

Clive the Clio no. 2
how do you remove the door card?!?!

oh and will locks and keys e.t.c need changing?

and to qualify for free handles you have to tell me what your doing with them!

there are screws holding the door card on. along the bottom of the card and iirc there are some hidden under plastic bungs which flcik out. though I havent lookd that closely at the mk3 cards yet. you should be able to change just the handles so no need to change locks.

once i pass all other criteria i will pm you what i will be doing;)

Clive the Clio no. 2
i will have a little look tonight, see what the situation is with the door cards,

what other criteria do you have to pass?

Clive the Clio no. 2
well i will be painting new door handles, so old door handles wont be off until next weekend probably,

so that gives you plenty of time to complete all the criteria!

Something along the lines of colour coding... you'll have to wait and see ;)

Just trying to find out for you for definate but I believe you remove the door card and then theres screws behind that which hold the handle in place.

tell me more ;) at the moment i can feel a fully coded cup :S which would look ok but it wouldnt be a visaly a cup

Last edited:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
197 Door card is held on with different sized torx bits. Deffo T20's and some iirc T30's. There are a few along the bottom of the door card. Then there is one behind the cover where the mirrors sit. Bigger Torx bits located in the door release handle, and one behind a plastic cover on the grab handle. Also a few behind the speaker grill iirc. Then it needs unclipping from the botton of the card, and then needs pushing upwards as its hooked over the window ledge. Also remove any interior door lights if fitted

Ph1
Basically you need to remove door card and surrounding trim (corner piece near mirror and long door trim.

Vague guide:

Speaker also needs to come out.

Interior door handle needs to come off.

Work along the bottom and take the torx screws out. Think theres one up the side too.

Prise the door card back then you need to lower the window and kind of work the door card up the way. The rubber along the top will probably come with it.

Then its just a case of unhooking the cable and 2 x 10mm bolts holding the handle on.

Very easy to do but just take your time so you dont break clips etc