ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Colour dilema

04BGFF182CLIORS
I have had my LY 182 since November, and although I was unsure at first, the colour has really grown on me - even though it does show up dirt more than a black car!

I have recently started taking on more responsibilities at work, some of which includes meeting clients, some 'rep' work etc and I am becoming very aware I am turning up in a bright yellow car...

I am more than happy with the 182 as a car, so I am currently weighing up swapping/px'ing for a BG/AB 182 (or even a 172 in a less lairy colour) but I am not sure if I should stick with the one I have as *touch wood* its a good'en, or whether this is even something someone would want to do! Is LY a sought after colour, or a real marmite choice?

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
I really like Liquid Yellow but my wife hates the colour. I would stick with it personally as there aren't that many Clios around in that colour. If its a decent car then why swap. Any car is hard to keep clean in this weather.

04BGFF182CLIORS
Haha, swap offers coming in before anyone even knows the spec of mine...

Its just something im considering at the moment, I don't know if I would miss it if it goes...It does a little annoying having to explain 'why' its that colour mind, not to mention the abuse from the mrs!

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Haha, swap offers coming in before anyone even knows the spec of mine...

Its just something im considering at the moment, I don't know if I would miss it if it goes...It does a little annoying having to explain 'why' its that colour mind, not to mention the abuse from the mrs!

I was only joking. You wouldn't want to swap with me. Unless you want a car with no interior, AC, harnesses and one bucket seat.

I would keep the LY Clio TBH. It's not that in your face like say a UG Ford Focus RS.

04BGFF182CLIORS
Well I dont really care, I like having a unique colour, but I am still on that fence of not loving it, and not hating it.

(i was looking for a AB/RB when I got this one, this was very local and a fair price, and needing a car ASAP after my focus gave up, I took the plunge!)

I understand the dilemma tbh. I think LY is a superb colour and it looks great but I'd have reservations about driving round in a bright yellow Clio. Particularly at my age.

You'd want a couple of grand your way swapping with me though I should think.

04BGFF182CLIORS
Maybe this is just my sub-conscious self trying to convince myself why I would rather have a blue one lol

Car in question:

rrpjx5.jpg

So atleast there is one picture of a car in this topic!

Megane 275 trophy006
Don't do it! You know this car, if you swap you are getting an unknown car that could have hidden issues.

I went for an AB 197 but would give anything for a LY one. They stand out so much and in 182 guise are very rare. I've seen lots of 182s but, as yet, no LY one (on the road)

04BGFF182CLIORS
Don't do it! You know this car, if you swap you are getting an unknown car that could have hidden issues.

I went for an AB 197 but would give anything for a LY one. They stand out so much and in 182 guise are very rare. I've seen lots of 182s but, as yet, no LY one (on the road)

This is the main reason im still unsure, not only is it a consideration for me, but also a potential 'swapper' not knowing my car.

I do like the fact it is a rare colour and it certainly stands out, but whether thats a good thing or not I dont know!

Thanks Martin - its not quite mint and does have the usual marks any 8+ year old car would have, but it cleans up well :)

Megane 275 trophy006
It'll make you and your company hard to forget. I think that would be a good thing if you have good interaction skills.

its also a good talking point in most situations. You'll find people calling up and asking for the bloke with the yellow car and everyone will know who they mean.

i get people referring to me as 'the girl with the spoiler on the car'

04BGFF182CLIORS
It'll make you and your company hard to forget. I think that would be a good thing if you have good interaction skills.

its also a good talking point in most situations. You'll find people calling up and asking for the bloke with the yellow car and everyone will know who they mean.

i get people referring to me as 'the girl with the spoiler on the car'

This is one way to look at it, as to whether I want to be know as the bloke with the yellow car though!

Hmm. Im half tempted to put up a half hearted swap post and see what comes along...or am I? I dont know.

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
LY was the only other colour I wanted before I got my RB. Just so happened my RB came up locally and a good deal.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
This is one way to look at it, as to whether I want to be know as the bloke with the yellow car though!

Hmm. Im half tempted to put up a half hearted swap post and see what comes along...or am I? I dont know.

I don't think it's anything to do with what customers think.. You just don't really like LY.

04BGFF182CLIORS
I don't think it's anything to do with what customers think.. You just don't really like LY.

Its not so much that I don't like the colour, cause I do, but maybe I would prefer something less in your face now the novelty has worn off...

500 Twinair
I don't think you realise what you have there, a rare coloured LY, whether it's mint or not is down to you, but you will be very lucky to find another one.
Look on Pistonhead, it's all black and blue 182's!!!

04BGFF182CLIORS
I don't think you realise what you have there, a rare coloured LY, whether it's mint or not is down to you, but you will be very lucky to find another one.
Look on Pistonhead, it's all black and blue 182's!!!

This is the thing, I havnt seen one for sale since in LY on here, AT or PH...

I think ill try and give it a clean at the weekend and re-kindle some love for LY :cool: