ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Colour coding (again!)

Sorry to keep asking about this..

When i spoke to my dad about c/cing he reckoned that because it was plastic it would need acrylic paint or something to stop it from flaking off and would cost loads.

Is he right and do you fellow new clio owners live in the knowledge that the paintwork wont last or is he speaking out of his arse and trying to put me off spending on unneccessary mods?

Cheers

-Rob

Clio 1.6 16V

As far as I know if they sand the texture off the plastic surface (cleans and keys surface) and use a good quality high build plastic primer, they can put standard metallic arcrylic basecoat and laqueur on the top. Paint flaking is purely down to poor adhesion of the primer / basecoat.

Thanks Neil, and can i take it a bodyshop would automatically think " oh its plastic i will do what neil just said" ? Or will they need tellin?!

-Rob

Renaultsport Clio 182

Rob go get it done!

car looks miles better with it!, get rid of the orrilbe black placky bits!

When i had mine done the guy knew he had to sand and prime all the plastics! but if you ask them how they do it becuase your interested then i am sure they wont mind?

Had mine done for about four months and no flaking or bubbling! use pressure washer to clean my car with aswell