ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cold Start Problem - HELP/Advice!!!

So recently when first starting up, it takes two attempts. First attempt seems to tick over, but just doesnt want to fire up properly. Second attempt its starts and its fine.

Has anyone had this problem before, if so what was it.

I was thinking maybe its a fueling issue, but could also be starter motor. Additionally wondering if its an issue with lack of back presure (i have a decat at the momment, with a miltech exhaust).

Also one cold map, do people find not only that the engine holds back (which is ovious), but that there is also a vibrating and lump fill if held at the same rev's for to long!

How long ago were the plugs etc changed?

It could be the starter, but I doubt it.

Full service about 2/3 months ago.. they were brand new NGK plugs! plus also cambelt was done a month ago! So since service ive done maybe 4,000 milesish!

Interesting.... Try to get a video of it not starting if possible.

Try to do it at the weekend! Unless the UNIT boys want to help me!

You know it could be normal, and me being super paronide! i get moaned at by mates for being like it, but im an enthusiast, and therefore everything has to be perfect :)

UPDATE: Started her up this morning, she ticked over for about 1.5 seconds then cut out. Re-started and she was fine... When driving last night, she drove nicely so its very werid. Didnt actually drive her this morning, it was a matter of moving her about 3meters off the drive.

Something i have noticed is that i have all of a sudden had a nice blow, sounds dreadfull, i think this is due to my cat fitting kit needing replacing as the exhaust was all rewealded a couple of weeks ago... is this enough to cause the engine to cut?

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Fuel pressure regulator. Prime the pump before starting and it will start first go

Fuel pressure regulator. Prime the pump before starting and it will start first go

Ok cool... i did wonder if it was fuel related, so does that mean its time for a new fuel pump... just remember one thing i missed off while servicing was a new fuel filter as couldnt find where it was... im assuming now that ive had the seats out it under them, could that be half the problem?

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
No, just prime the pump first start of the day. It's a lazy regulator dropping pressure overnight. There is no fuel filter outside the tan