ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cold start, help!

Clio 182+ Cup pack
Right my cars been doing this lately, on cold start up the engine feels restricted, on changing gears it pops and bangs, after driving around half a mile it clears, the car feels fine & doesn't pop or bang any more!?!
Anyone any rough ideas to the cause of this? I have no warning lights what so ever.
Thanks in advance.

Has it changed at all while you've had the car? They're pretty much all like this when cold, rough'ish idle and everything until its warmed up. The pop and banging maybe your exhaust system, is it aftermarket?

172 cup
Right my cars been doing this lately, on cold start up the engine feels restricted, on changing gears it pops and bangs, after driving around half a mile it clears, the car feels fine & doesn't pop or bang any more!?!
Anyone any rough ideas to the cause of this? I have no warning lights what so ever.
Thanks in advance.

Mine started running lumpy at cold started filling up with shell v-power ( don't know if you use already )at I was suprised it Is slot smoother, mine didn't pop and bang though

ali-ham

ClioSport Club Member
  williams + 182's
all of mine done this, pretty normal!! rough until they warm up a bit, bet if you keep an eye on temp hand when you see it rise a bit the car will feel much sharper too!

Clio 182+ Cup pack
Its an aftermarket exhaust yeah, it is literally half a mile or a few minutes ticking over and the problem/rough running has gone completely. Must be a perk of owning a Renault

Clio 182+ Cup pack
I first thought it could have been an injector fault cos it stinking like its running lean as hell most of the time but my mpg seems reasonable between 30-36 depending on where im driving and how im driving, if you get my drift ;) haha

Clio 182+ Cup pack
I use Tesco momentum 99 and have tried different fuels but the Tesco seems to work best for mine, it gives the smoothest tick over etc

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Mine used to Pop and Bang alot , until warm , then it would go away . I had a leak at the olive joint from the Cat to centre section . It's a common problem for them to leak from there . Maybe check that out . It might need a new clamp ? As said above by others , they do run rough when cold , that's quite normal .

Mine use to be bad for a couple of minutes then like a switch would be fine.

I've since replaced the exhaust and it's fine now. Original exhaust had loads of holes in it.