ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cold mornings?

Clio Sport 172
Is it normal for the trip computer to reset its self on a cold morning?
I had the battery replaced about 6 months ago....
Cheers
Si

BMW 330D
I read somewhere on here yesterday that if that happens, then its the battery. Other than that i have no idea.

172 ph1 ASBO SLAYER
they do tend to do it. s**t reno electronics don't like cold weather mine does it every winter. i jus live with it lol

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Mine did it last winter quite a bit but has been fine up until the recent cold weather and has done it a few times in the last couple of weeks , everything resets to zero on the trip comp . I'm guessing the battery is losing just enough charge to cause a problem . Batteries don't like cold weather , they discharge more easily .My battery will be 3 years old in Febuary so you'd expect it to last longer than this .Maybe insulating the battery might help ??

Just to add . Do all your dash lights light up for a split second before the trip comp resets ?

Last edited:
  Cupra 300 ST 4drive
When your cranking the engine over on start up the voltage drop is enough to reset your trip most prob, batt could be on the way out or needs a good run for a decent charge.