ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

coilovers

The adjustment will adjust the err camber I think but Im forget. However a few mm chnage wont matter to much. If you go ajust height by 1cm or so then getting tracking done again is necessary realy otherwise the car will handle wierdly and tyres will wear out on the inside very quickly.

You dont need nay other tools to adjust the height though. To fit coilover you need some spring compressors realy so that you can take your normla springs and shock to pieces etc.

ktec one do have some adjustment in the back height wise but however high or low you make the back wont make any difference realy to the camber etc and you cannot easily ajust them anywhay as you need shims etc to do that.

The dci is the same as all other Mk2 Clios so a 172 strut brace will fit. make sure you get one which bolts on to the strut tops though and not just overbolt to the normal suspension top mount bolts.

2015 Audi S3 Stage 3

btt!

anyone know how much or if k-tec can get the other FK coilovers for the clio?

"Navy" N17 TWO

Heres a good Q -

If my front end is about inch off the ground turning in/out of driveways and some junctions - what will it be like with the coilovers ? :confused:

PS - got out of the car the other day while the car was angled on a slope - front end looked mint! :cool: (probably undrivable though but Ill go again and get a few pics ;)

Quote: Originally posted by Tigger on 06 September 2005

If my front end is about inch off the ground turning in/out of driveways and some junctions - what will it be like with the coilovers ? :confused:
Mine had 7cm of clearance driving down my drive I had it lowered a supposed 60 all round (was 40 front and 60 rear) and it still had about 1 cm clearance.

"Navy" N17 TWO

Quote: Originally posted by edde on 06 September 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Tigger on 06 September 2005

Mine had 7cm of clearance driving down my drive I had it lowered a supposed 60 all round (was 40 front and 60 rear) and it still had about 1 cm clearance.
Even at that - I have the koncept front valance smoothed into my bumper - it sits a few inches lower than the std rubber splitter

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

You boys with fancy vallances are buggered in all honesty, youd be beta off savin ur doe and get a 40mm apex kit, 60mm mite even be too much!!!

"Navy" N17 TWO

Quote: Originally posted by AJRMOTORSPORT on 07 September 2005

You boys with fancy vallances are buggered in all honesty, youd be beta off savin ur doe and get a 40mm apex kit, 60mm mite even be too much!!!
Cheers Ali - Apex 40mm kit it is then - and a T-box ;)

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2

Boydie - The FKs for your car that K-Tec sell are rear adjustable as well using the round bits in the bottom right of the picture:

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=854http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=854

Part No is FKRT40 by the looks of it. Im sure you could get them a bit cheaper that that though if you hunt around on Google. Try Venom Motorsport. Quoted me £56 cheaper than K-Tec for the 172 kit.

Also, speak to K-Tec about the difference between the GAZ and FK kits. They told me that theyve had a few problems with the GAZ kits having to be replaced in the past, but not with the FKs.